PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good wax and sealant

barry50208
09-30-2013, 06:23 AM
I would like some opinions on waxes and sealants. I just completed the Class at Autogeek and used alot of different prodoucts. The company of which i work for is going to start offereing auto detailing for which i will be dong. I was wondering what are some good waxes and sealants for a resaonable price and should I get different waxes and sealants for different color car (Exp Black and White) or will most waxes be good for all colors. Thanks for any input.

Barry Reynolds

Evan.J
09-30-2013, 08:13 AM
What would you like you spending limit to be?

Will you be working on mostly daily drivers?

There are many great sealant and wax combo available and you will get every option for member here because most of us love all different kinds and each person is different. So with that said I will tell you what I like then others will as well. Its no going to be easy but anything you pick will be a good choice.

Sealants:
BlackFire Wet Diamond Paint Sealant
Collinite 845

Waxes:
DP Max Wax
Wolfgang Fuzion
Collinite 915
Blackfire Midnight Sun

swanicyouth
09-30-2013, 08:16 AM
If your doing it for a business, you probably want something cheap that will be excellent and last a long time. Don't we all?

Actually, although I've yet to use one, a wax from Collinite sounds just like what your looking for.

As for a sealant, I would buy a gallon (if you need that much) of Wolfgang Sealant. If you apply it correctly, a gallon will do several hundred cars.

SlowWRX
09-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Sonax Polymer net shield. its Hydrophobic ability equals coatings and I see durability from users talking 5+ months of good beading. I just used it on my 2 cars and its real nice stuff. Looks good and water just runs off when it hits

FUNX650
09-30-2013, 11:02 AM
If only you'd had the time to "pick the brains" of the in-house AGO staff while you were there!!
Their fount of advice would've caused your cup to runneth over.
(Your travel bags as well)

Why not give Nick a call...
He'll know what's best for your purposes, and will never steer you wrong.

:)

Bob

ThomasonCarCare
09-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Personally I like using three different types of waxes:

CG Black for dark - near black - cars
a white concours such as CG 5050 for most cars
a yellow nuba for red, orange, yellow, etc.. color cars.

I just like the way these waxes look on the colors mentioned above. Obvioulsly you can wax almost any car with any wax, but I believe detailing is an art and you should appreciate the way different types of waxes look on different cars.

For sealant I use Jetseal 109 just because I already buy so much from Chemical Guys. I am sure there are some cheaper/better sealants out there, but Jetseal looks really good on the cars I have applied it to.

Also, you might want to look into some glazes. I love Blacklight, Glossworkz Glaze, and Wet Mirror Finish from Chemical Guys. Glazes really make the paint POP!

WantcarPerfect
09-30-2013, 11:33 AM
+1 On ask Nick

I agree he will never steer you wrong.

PA DETAILER
09-30-2013, 11:47 AM
wax... DP MAX WAX.

sealants.... BF CRYSTAL SEAL / PRIMA HYDRO MAX

cmoneyinc
09-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant, Menzerna auto sealant, car sealant, paint sealant protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-power-lock-sealant.html)

Menzerna Color Lock Carnauba Wax, menzerna car wax, carnauba car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-color-lock-carnauba-wax.html)

barry50208
09-30-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks for all the advice most if the cars ill be doing are everyday drivers I went with some mcguires products NXT tech wax 2 and gold class carnauba plus wax for now but going to switch it up as I run out but also going to use all input to help with what to buy next

Sent from my MB855 using AG Online

Inzane
09-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Menzerna Color Lock Carnauba Wax, menzerna car wax, carnauba car wax (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-color-lock-carnauba-wax.html)

Does anyone here happen to know how similar, if at all, this product is to Wolfgang DGPS 3.0?

cmoneyinc
09-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Does anyone here happen to know how similar, if at all, this product is to Wolfgang DGPS 3.0?

I would think that is more closely related to Menzerna Power Lock, since they are both sealants, not waxes. Color Lock is a carnuba wax.

Inzane
09-30-2013, 06:16 PM
I would think that is more closely related to Menzerna Power Lock, since they are both sealants, not waxes. Color Lock is a carnuba wax.

According to the label/marketing. But by color and smell they (DGPS & CL) sure seem similar. (I've only held a bottle, I haven't actually used color lock myself or seen it in action: how it applies, slickness, longevity etc.)