PDA

View Full Version : Need advice...

mikesal57
09-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi all...

First off..I'd like to thank everyone here for the advice and help you gave me..:props:

Now for the topic...

Its not detailing this time....LOL

My lease runs out on my 2009 Rav4 in AUG 2014...

I am thinking about purchasing it because it in great condition and the 35K miles are 90% highway ( back and forth to work).

The only issue is that the hood & roof has several clear coat spots that are damaged and are unrecoverable ...

It will cost me about 11 grand to purchase..

Would you purchase outright or put say 5 grand on another lease and have several years monthly payments with the 6 grand that's left?

Thanks

Mike

Darion
09-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi Mike,

So I had been through a bunch of leases over the years and I could never justify the cost to buy one at the end. For me the whole purpose for doing the lease was to be in a new vehicle every three years, lower payment and never did a longer lease. Running the numbers at lease end always left me upside down to a straight purchase. I would look at your upfront cost, plus payments, plus the lease purchase at the end and see how it looks.

JMHO and if buying makes best sense to you thats all that matters, :xyxthumbs:

PC

mikesal57
09-29-2013, 10:29 AM
I hear you PC...

I too was in for buying every 3years or so to have a new car..
But this is the first one that I have treated with loving care since May...
Maybe its a little too late for this one but I know the next one will get much better treatment....

But each time I look at that hood , I shake my head

So I think the decision is made....this car was the Guinea pig till the next one comes along

mike

HateSwirls
09-29-2013, 10:29 AM
I have the 2008 RAV and just love it.
11k is a good price for it, I'd buy it without a second thought, great car.
I have 44k on mine, looks like the day I bought it, might look even better:)

mikesal57
09-29-2013, 11:17 AM
I have the 2008 RAV and just love it.
11k is a good price for it, I'd buy it without a second thought, great car.
I have 44k on mine, looks like the day I bought it, might look even better:)

Love mine too, Swirls..very reliable...
Oil changes every 5 months...
new tires
new brakes

that's it....

It was those "free" car washes with oil change that screwed me....:bash:

mike

Pureshine
09-29-2013, 11:23 AM
I bought my car at then end of the lease cause I put 5k into it so there was no way I was giving it back. In 2 years I will have no more car payments and if you trade it in you start payments all over again. For the paint issue there should be a warranty on the paint. So I would ask the dealer about them fixing it.