PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Complete:)

Pages : [1] 2

HateSwirls
09-28-2013, 09:38 AM
As some of may have remembered I had to have a back surgery , a big one at that but all went well , it's been two weeks and now able to walk, In fact I'm wanting to wash my RAV4, it's so dirty.
Question I have is how to reach the top for washing and how could I dry it without causing scratching ?
When I asked the doctor yesterday if I could wash my car he laughed, he was like this dude is worried about his car.
Anyway he said yes but not to get on any type of ladder and go slow, he also said it would be good therapy.

My wife would drag the hose out and move my buckets where I want them.
As we all know there's a lot of bending in washing a car which is fine for me, I feel so stiff from doing nothing, could help.
If it was a small car it would be so easy, it's the darn roof I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks for all who added me to their prayer list, everything went so well.
It may take two hours to wash it but time is on my side:)

Any ideas?

Pureshine
09-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Glad everything went well and hope you fell better soon :). Do you have a leaf blow?

HateSwirls
09-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Yes I have a blower, and it's light so that would dry it for the most part, wish I could come behind it with my drying towel.
Would a new cotton mop work without scratching the paint?

chris.ganucheau
09-28-2013, 10:20 AM
Yes I have a blower, and it's light so that would dry it for the most part, wish I could come behind it with my drying towel.
Would a new cotton mop work without scratching the paint?

In all honesty, you could use the mop just make sure you dont let the metal or wood touch the paint. It will most likely cause swirls but its the roof of an SUV no one besides you will know they are up there. I'd polish the roof when your back is better and the doc says you can get on a ladder.

Glad to hear the surgery went good!

richy
09-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Glad to hear that the surgery went well! I remember washing my Lincoln on crutches after my knee surgery, LOL.

hernandez.art13
09-28-2013, 11:25 AM
^ you guys are funny. (In crutches lol)

I actually have therapy weekly so I could get on a latter. Weird how the simple things one could do are appreciated so much more when one can't do them.

Glad it turned good for you and now your main concern is being able to wash your car. I have been there so I know how you feel.

Welcome back :xyxthumbs:

Art

HateSwirls
09-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the welcome back, actually I never left, even in the hospital I was reading:)
You guys are the best!

Once a detailer always a detailer I say, back brace yes but detailing is what drives most of us.

FUNX650
09-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Glad the surgery went well!! :props:
(I hate anesthesia...and the time it takes to get it completely out of your system.)

The following processes may prove to be "bad for your back":

-While bringing out the hoses...Have your Wife bring out the step ladder.
-Trust in your Wife's ability to clean and dry the roof of the RAV4, while perched on/from this piece of equipment.
-Request that she wear a short-skirt/tube-top while doing so.

That's the procedures I go through...after I have a "procedure".
Just a thought.

:)

Bob

Peddiesake
09-28-2013, 03:08 PM
I had two back surgeries. Do yourself a favor and take your time. Seeking a relief from boredom could do you more harm than good. Good luck.

HateSwirls
09-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks,

We did just that, my wife washed the roof and more, I was there just to make sure she didn't it the right way.
Couldn't get her in short shorts so what the heck, might as we be her helper.

Glad the surgery went well!! :props:
(I hate anesthesia...and the time it takes to get it completely out of your system.)

The following processes may prove to be "bad for your back":

-While bringing out the hoses...Have your Wife bring out the step ladder.
-Trust in your Wife's ability to clean and dry the roof of the RAV4, while perched on/from this piece of equipment.
-Request that she wear a short-skirt/tube-top while doing so.

That's the procedures I go through...after I have a "procedure".
Just a thought.

:)

Bob

HateSwirls
09-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the advice but I did it more for therapy , as you know if you do nothing you become stiff and that brings on more pain.
We did it, I had some pain, showered, took my meds and went lay down,I feel pretty good.
That's as far asill push it.
Thanks again

I had two back surgeries. Do yourself a favor and take your time. Seeking a relief from boredom could do you more harm than good. Good luck.

Bunky
09-28-2013, 04:40 PM
I am glad to hear the surgery went well.

HateSwirls
09-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks

Doctors said the surgery was so much of a success that he now feels I'll be better than ever, much stronger spine all the way down :dblthumb2:
It was the most pain I ever felt in my life when I woke up from surgery, I was OMG how long will this pain last.

I am glad to hear the surgery went well.

jmfp
09-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Good luck on your recovery. I have back problems as well. I find detailing to be the best therapy. I haven't had surgery yet, but it'll happen some day I'm sure.

What was wrong with your back?

hernandez.art13
09-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Last night, I took off my shirt to jump in the shower. My lady complimented me on the new muscles I have gained detailing lol.

So yes, I believe detailing is a good mental and physical therapy. :)