PDA

View Full Version : detailing = vandalism (humorous)

TundraPower
09-28-2013, 08:08 AM
So I'm at my doctor for a check up. He's been a life saver and one of my best friends for years. We get to talking about detailing, polishing cars, etc. and he out of the blue says "you are all vandals performing vandalism and taking peoples money!" I really didn't know what to say, so I said "so what do you do when there are scratches, swirls in the paint and it looks bad?"

...........Drum Roll............

"Well you have it resprayed like normal people!"

No joke dead serious. He's got like 4 Lexus, assorted BMW, and they all look like 99%. Maybe he's right!

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
09-28-2013, 08:31 AM
I don't think he was serious.

It is way cheaper to take care of your paint from the factory than have to re-sprayed to a factory level standard.

I doubt he understands the process and the transformations that can occur from polishing. Even with having your car re-sprayed it doesn't come out looking it's best most of the time it's swirled out.

Maybe this is your chance to educate him and gain more business?

BradsDetailing
09-28-2013, 09:14 AM
A packer's player's wife couldn't make it up a hill one winter and said to my mom, "I told my husband I need a new car".

My mother replied "Us poor people just buy new tires"

TundraPower
09-28-2013, 08:37 PM
I don't think he was serious.

It is way cheaper to take care of your paint from the factory than have to re-sprayed to a factory level standard.

I doubt he understands the process and the transformations that can occur from polishing. Even with having your car re-sprayed it doesn't come out looking it's best most of the time it's swirled out.

Maybe this is your chance to educate him and gain more business?

Yeah he was serious. He is from Germany, knows the correction processes, leveling paint to remove defects, etc. No idea who resprays his cars or what it costs, but I assure you they look fabulous. All he does is hand wash two-bucket method with a combo wash/wax like CG's every week and hand waxes with Swissvax Concorso every 6 months.

swanicyouth
09-28-2013, 10:02 PM
That guy is off his nut. If the car is swirled up, he is going to pay to have it repainted? And... If repainting is a viable option and your not concerned about the originality of the paint, why not try to fix it on the first place?

hernandez.art13
09-28-2013, 10:13 PM
Different courses for different horses.

You should ask him which cars have been repainted and go measure with a PTG. Just for kicks :D

TundraPower
09-28-2013, 10:16 PM
That guy is off his nut. If the car is swirled up, he is going to pay to have it repainted? And... If repainting is a viable option and your not concerned about the originality of the paint, why not try to fix it on the first place?

I guess if you're real darn careful you could last quite a number of years between resprays? All I can tell you is his cars all look fantastic, some of them over 10 years old. Don't shoot the messenger dude.....

hernandez.art13
09-28-2013, 10:23 PM
We are all worried about swirls and scratches. However, him on the other hand. He probably says "well... time to for a repaint." That's pretty bad arse. IMO

Good for him :xyxthumbs: