PDA

View Full Version : Sealant that works with VMG and RMG?

Pages : [1] 2

KJW Detailing
06-17-2007, 04:41 PM
In another thread i asked why my car is so easily getting water and bird etching marks even though i clean the car on a reg. basis, wax, regularly, and remove and bird poo the first chance i get...came to the conclusion that i need a sealant b4 wax...

a few weeks ago i bought the Clear Kote VMG and RMG b/c my car is fiji blue pearl and i want the paint to really sparkle, but i have been told that its hard to find a sealant that works with those two products...

...so i need some help from fellow AG's to find me a sealant to put on my next order...(which i am hoping is tomorrow b/c i have my birthday discount that is quickly running through its 7 days)...

Thanks...

Surfer
06-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Poorboys EX-P is one that seems to not really have issues with sealants, I used it over RMG a couple times with no trouble.....try that with others and you'll have a smear fest on your hands. Maybe something to do with the resin makeup?

02CAMSS
06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
I use wolfgang on my dark blue 07 honda Fit and top it with sig ser II and it looks insane.The Wolfgang alone without the wax looks great too and its super easy to use.Wolfgang will not stain or wreck your black trim and thats a major plus in my world.

KJW Detailing
06-17-2007, 04:59 PM
both products sound great and i due own SSII...my biggest concern is the fact that i need to find a sealant that works with VMG and RMG...

02CAMSS
06-17-2007, 05:09 PM
I have used wolfgang with many diffrent wax brands(3-M,Meg,Pin,CG) all with A+ results

Nica
06-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Interesting topic, becuase I too just purchased the VMG and the RMG...I was planning on using the Wolfgang. Looking forward to the feed back here.

Surfer
06-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I use wolfgang on my dark blue 07 honda Fit and top it with sig ser II and it looks insane.The Wolfgang alone without the wax looks great too and its super easy to use.Wolfgang will not stain or wreck your black trim and thats a major plus in my world.I think your talking about topping WG Sealant with a wax like Sig Series. He's looking for a sealant that will work over a glaze like RMG.

WG does work with its own glaze, but that glaze seems more like a fine polish, and doesn't make the paint take on that crazy wet look RMG does. But its still called a glaze and WG sealant works with it, so off the top of my head I think only Poorboys EX-P and WG are sealant friendly.

mixxer
06-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Exp

Surfer
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
ExpYeh I don't know what it is, but even over oily type finishes like RMG and others, EX-P bonds, has got to do with something in the Resin makeup? I used EX-P over RMG and it worked perfectly and seemed to last as long as normal (like EX-P over a prepped AIO surface). Gave a very nice look as RMG is wet and deep and EX-P is very reflective and glossy.

KJW Detailing
06-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Just had a very interesting conversation with a guy from ClearKote...now obviously he isn't going to recommend any other products outside of ClearKote haha but i knew that...but it was a good conversation...

He told me that i could use the VMG and the RMG, then go over it with their yellow cream wax, and finish with their carnuba moose wax...he told me that the VMG has some protective properties...the yellow cream wax will give the car protection for 90 days (by itself)...and then if i cover with their carnuba moose wax, i would have about 6 months of protection...

he told me that most poeple see a depth of about 6 layers or something and with this combination, i would have 24 layers of depth...along with that, my metal flake would sparkle, and a very shiny wet look...

so does anyone else think this would be a good idea? i just want to make sure that i have great protection on my car, along with a fantastic look to it...it doesn't really bother me if i have to use both the yellow cream wax and the carnuba moose wax each month...i just want that protection that works with the products i already own...

so what do you guys think? does anyone have any other opinouns?

Surfer
06-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Just had a very interesting conversation with a guy from ClearKote...now obviously he isn't going to recommend any other products outside of ClearKote haha but i knew that...but it was a good conversation...

He told me that i could use the VMG and the RMG, then go over it with their yellow cream wax, and finish with their carnuba moose wax...he told me that the VMG has some protective properties...the yellow cream wax will give the car protection for 90 days (by itself)...and then if i cover with their carnuba moose wax, i would have about 6 months of protection...

he told me that most poeple see a depth of about 6 layers or something and with this combination, i would have 24 layers of depth...along with that, my metal flake would sparkle, and a very shiny wet look...

so does anyone else think this would be a good idea? i just want to make sure that i have great protection on my car, along with a fantastic look to it...it doesn't really bother me if i have to use both the yellow cream wax and the carnuba moose wax each month...i just want that protection that works with the products i already own...

so what do you guys think? does anyone have any other opinouns?Not sure, but VMG, then RMG, then Carnauba Moose Wax would be a deadly combo...CMW is extremely deep/dark looking, dare I say a tad more then Natty's Blue and Souveran, it gives blacks a seriously deep and dark look. Theres a member on here who pretty much thats all he uses as well, think his screen name is Black Yukon or something like that.

I thought Yellow Cream Wax had some cleaning ability so not sure if I 'd use it over VMG and RMG? VMG works great on plastics and glass as well.

KJW Detailing
06-18-2007, 10:29 AM
the guy from clearkote told me to use the yellow cream wax...he told me that it will give that really deep wet look...

KJW Detailing
06-18-2007, 05:55 PM
so can anyone give me any further advise on this topic? i just want to make sure that what i am buying works with one another!

thanks!

Reddwarf
06-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Can't you put the sealant (e.g. WG Deep Gloss) on and then top it with the RMG?

Whitethunder46
06-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I've thought that VM is a cleaner and has hardly any carnauba in it, where as RMG has some carnauba in it.

With that said, I've used DG105 over VM with no problems.