PDA

View Full Version : AG Stands Behind Product

swanicyouth
09-27-2013, 08:26 PM
I had a 3" Meg's DA wax pad fail on me the other day. I was using it by hand to apply wax via a Polishin' Pal and was loving the combo of the 3" Meg's pad on the PP.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/u4uvy4yh.jpg

The pad was new, this was the first time I used it. It was being used by hand, so heat wasn't an issue. I went to clean the pad and as soon as it got wet it de-laminated. Not a "little peeling", but the whole Velcro circle came off.

I was using WG Pad Cleaner and Extender to clean it. Actually, I usually use something much harsher than that and probably would have to get all the wax out if it didn't fail right away. You can see the foam wasn't damaged or chewed up, it was just used by hand to apply wax:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/gazupe9y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/3ejymuve.jpg

This is the "glue side" where the Velcro was:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/yzu5ymun.jpg

I sent an Email to AG and Ray replaced the pad no charge. I just got a shipping confirmation. I believe they even sent me 2 pads, as they come in a pair boxed (I haven't used my other pad yet).

Oddly enough, Meg's seems to sell these 3" "wax pads" 2 ways. One in a plastic case for the drill DA:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/umajuvy2.jpg

And one just as "soft buff pads":

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/28/y5e7a9up.jpg

I believe these pads are exactly the same, but not 100% sure. One is from the Mirror Glaze Pro line (Soft Buff) and one is from the OTC DA Power system for the drill. The pads have a 3" backing plate size, but taper out to a 4" face size. I wonder if they are exactly the same? Meds sells them as 4" pads.

Thanks Ray & AG for backing up your stuff !

addysdaddy
09-27-2013, 09:38 PM
though extremely rare, whenever I've had a product or equipment failure the AG staff makes it good immediately. Their customer service is second to none. +1 for sure.

VISITOR
09-27-2013, 10:45 PM
nice to hear you got taken care of, though it isn't always the same for everyone else (including I)...

swanicyouth
09-27-2013, 11:12 PM
nice to hear you got taken care of, though it isn't always the same for everyone else myself included...

Do you mind posting what happened and how you went about it?

I think I've had an issue with a product 5 times in my ~50 orders with AG. All were with products, all were taken care of.

1. Pole broke at threads for Montana Boars Hair Carwash Brush months after I bought it. Sent an email explaining exactly how the pole broke - they sent a new pole.

2. Adapter for foam cannon leaked. I contacted AG about it. In the meantime I figured out an o-ring fell out during shipping. Once I found the o-ring on my floor, it worked fine. They offered to send me a new one, but I declined because it was fine.

3. Extender pole for BF pump sprayer leaked. I think an O-ring may have been lost here as well, but that is just a guess. I contacted AG, but somehow decided I didn't really need the extender. So, Nick asked me to pick a chemical product of higher value (Prima Infinity I picked) and asked if I would just review it. I did. All was well, turned out to be great product.

4. Meg's foam pad delaminated. Sent an email describing specifically what happened. Referenced dates, product #, order #, products and techniques used with pad, and reasons I thought pad was defective and not misused. Next day Ray sent me an email agreeing pad likely was defective. A few hours later I got shipping confirmation for a new set of pads. Only one pad of the set was used, so they were only obligated to send one (if they have any obligation at all). I believe they sent 2. I will know for sure when I get them.

When something goes wrong, I always contact them promptly and reference dates, order #, & product #. I explain exactly what happened, where the product failed, exactly how I was using it, and why I believe it was defective.

I wouldn't mention it on the forum and expect an issue to be resolved by AG. I have seem some do this. Its only polite to contact AG directly and give them a chance to resolve it privately. Although posting a non urgent question about a product or ordering may get you a response from someone who has been through it.

Anyway. That's what worked for me. Everything has always been resolved.

custmsprty
09-27-2013, 11:19 PM
nice to hear you got taken care of, though it isn't always the same for everyone else (including I)...

Sorry, but I disagree with you big time. I bought Pinnacle Souveran Wax $95.00, it was bad when it arrived. I contacted AG Customer service, sent them a photo of it and they sent me out a new fresh one the next day and told me to discard the bad stuff. This is just one example of their excellent customer service. They have come through numerous times for me.

VISITOR
09-28-2013, 12:06 AM
bought some woobie towels and were not satisified with them, as one looked and felt like it was used. i was told to send them back and there wasn't really a resolution of any sort so i had to pay to ship them back which left a bad taste in my mouth. maybe i got a bad batch, i dunno...

custmsprty
09-28-2013, 09:47 AM
bought some woobie towels and were not satisified with them, as one looked and felt like it was used. i was told to send them back and there wasn't really a resolution of any sort so i had to pay to ship them back which left a bad taste in my mouth. maybe i got a bad batch, i dunno...

did they replace them? if not did you get a refund? who did you speak to? etc.....

swanicyouth
09-28-2013, 10:58 AM

Did you list exactly what was wrong with the towels and why you believe they were defective or did you just say you didn't like them? I think being very specific helps.

I also returned a syringe of OptiCoat to AG once simply because I changed my mind. I was credited promptly and all went well.

They never found out I squirted all the OC out and filled the syringe with water :)

j/k of course.

Dave'sDetails
09-28-2013, 11:18 AM
I bought a sheep skin wash mitt. Used it about 3 or 4 times and it started to literally fall apart on me. Almost shredding itself. I contacted AG and explained it to them. They told me that it was probably user error, which it ended up being. It was my first sheep skin mitt, so I didn't know it is best to flip it inside out and hang it to dry. Nonetheless, they still sent one out to me. Greatly appreciated, of course. Did I expect to have them replace it no questions asked, definitely not. Great customer service and fast responses is what makes AG my #1 choice when ordering anything detailing related.

VISITOR
09-28-2013, 02:27 PM
they not only lint but as mentioned one was obviously different and felt/looked like it was used. i would of just sent them back for replacements but the gal on the other line didn't sound like she wanted to offer to replace them as i was sending them back anyways and eating the shipping cost just made me want to get a refund instead. i no longer buy microfibers at AG anymore and this is one good reason why...

p.s. maybe if i would of dealt with someone else (seems like a few AG employees go above and beyond) then this may have been different. i dunno...

addysdaddy
09-29-2013, 06:43 AM
they not only lint but as mentioned one was obviously different and felt/looked like it was used. i would of just sent them back for replacements but the gal on the other line didn't sound like she wanted to offer to replace them as i was sending them back anyways and eating the shipping cost just made me want to get a refund instead. i no longer buy microfibers at AG anymore and this is one good reason why...

p.s. maybe if i would of dealt with someone else (seems like a few AG employees go above and beyond) then this may have been different. i dunno...

When I try evaluation product reviews, I look for a consensus on how well something works. If the overwhelming majority favor a product, I'll consider giving it a try. If the reviews are mixed, probably not worth it.

Same thing with AG customer service. I strongly feel that the overwhelming majority of "reports" are favorable though once in a great while you'll hear of a situation that was unsatisfactory. Honestly, it's the main reason I continue to do business with the company. On those rare occasions I've needed help, they delivered above and beyond. Personally speaking if I wasn't satisfied with how a situation was handled, I would contact Meghan to work out a fair & reasonable resolution. Good luck.