PDA

View Full Version : Metro Vac N Blo or other Vac

Pages : [1] 2

swanicyouth
09-27-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm looking for an awesome car vac right now I have a 2.5 HP shop vac from Lowes. It's not bad, but it's not super great either. I would get one of those huge 6 HP shop vacs, but I need something relatively small, as those things are huge.

Anyone out there have a Vac N Blo? Do you feel its awesome or just meh... ? Maybe another vac under $200 or less price range? But, it's got to re sort of small.

What about the Vac n Go... Its a nice size. Are they much better than a 2.5 HP shop vac? Its hard to go by specs, because all manufacturers don't list them.

BradsDetailing
09-27-2013, 01:52 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/70373-air-purging-interior.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/68921-best-vacuum.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/68670-choosing-vacuum.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/68036-wet-dry-vac-horsepower-needs.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/66474-shop-vac-blower-any-experience.html

KS_Detailing
09-27-2013, 01:54 PM
I have a 16 gal rigid 6.5 hp wet/dry vac. I dont think its that big but most of the 5+ hp models also have larger tanks. You may be able to find a 5hp with a smaller tank. No experience with Metro Vac n Blo

BradsDetailing
09-27-2013, 01:56 PM
I have heard only good things about the metro vac n blo's

minorc
09-27-2013, 04:11 PM
I have the vac n blo , the bag is really small but it has good lift and the blower feature so I think it's a good buy.

Old Tiger
09-27-2013, 04:44 PM
STeve IMO I would try and get by with your small shop vac and get a Master Blaster. I cant imagine the same hose that sucks all the crap from my cars and garage serving as a blower for my paint. BTW I have a wall mounted Hoover with a 30' hose. I only detail interiors on my cars so I don't need a super powerful Wet/Dry vacuum. I absolutely love my 8 HP MB but I consider it a luxury not a necessity.

spiralout462
09-27-2013, 10:52 PM
I really like my small (2.5gl.?) 5hp Shop-Vac. It's nice and compact and really sucks! That being said if I had dispensible funds I would like to have several of the Metro models.

StoneRaizer
09-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I have a Vac N Blo and love it. Compact, powerful, plenty of attachments. It even has a small hose and brush for cleaning the instrument cluster and navigation system. The blower isn't powerful enough to dry an entire car, but it is useful for blowing out wheels and crevices. It also comes with a dolly, wheels, extension wand and floor attachment so it could be used as a second vacuum in the house, like in a finished basement or rec room. Only drawback is that the metal casing gets quite hot and can potentially cause a minor burn.

swanicyouth
09-28-2013, 05:08 PM
STeve IMO I would try and get by with your small shop vac and get a Master Blaster. I cant imagine the same hose that sucks all the crap from my cars and garage serving as a blower for my paint. BTW I have a wall mounted Hoover with a 30' hose. I only detail interiors on my cars so I don't need a super powerful Wet/Dry vacuum. I absolutely love my 8 HP MB but I consider it a luxury not a necessity.

I did order a Master Blaster. This would be just to vacuum.

Old Tiger
09-28-2013, 07:24 PM
I did order a Master Blaster. This would be just to vacuum.
Awesome! Let us know how you like it!

HateSwirls
09-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Way over priced IMO,though it works but how much better than my Shop-Vac?
I mean I don't let my carpets get flirty, in fact I vacuum once per week, how much dirt can be deep into the carpets doing it weekly
I prefer spending my money on other machines instead, like my new GG buffer, now that's money well spent :)

Bill220
09-29-2013, 07:46 AM
I have a Metro and really like it. The only drawbacks are the aforementioned small bag and you can't lift liquids with it.
The fact that the bag is washable is nice.

Anti chrome

Don.
09-29-2013, 07:33 PM
After a few weeks of trying to decide which vac to replace my 16 gallon shop vac , I decided on the vac n blo. When I unpacked it, I was very pleased with how portable it was and the fact I could also hang it on the wall and use the 24 feet of hose to reach the car. So much easier than lugging my shop vac out of the basement. When I used it as a vacuum, I was impressed with the suction, even when using all 24 feet of hose. I was very dissapointed when using it as a blower to dry the car. Since I blow dry the car way more than I vacuum, I regret spending so much on the vac n blo. On the bright side, it is very convenient for me as a vacuum.

KS_Detailing
09-29-2013, 07:40 PM
After a few weeks of trying to decide which vac to replace my 16 gallon shop vac , I decided on the vac n blo. When I unpacked it, I was very pleased with how portable it was and the fact I could also hang it on the wall and use the 24 feet of hose to reach the car. So much easier than lugging my shop vac out of the basement. When I used it as a vacuum, I was impressed with the suction, even when using all 24 feet of hose. I was very dissapointed when using it as a blower to dry the car. Since I blow dry the car way more than I vacuum, I regret spending so much on the vac n blo. On the bright side, it is very convenient for me as a vacuum.

I wouldn't use the same hose you vacuumed the carpets with to dry the car

Don.
09-29-2013, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't use the same hose you vacuumed the carpets with to dry the car
Thats a great point. So maybe it's for the best that I will only be using the vacuum feature, and sticking with the leaf blower for drying.