PDA

View Full Version : Car Stress

Joshua312
03-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Need car ideas...Looking for something under $13,000...reliable...something thats nice for a 19 yr old:
**Needs to be affordable on insurance - No v8's
Reliable
Affordable to maintain

I currently am only looking at automatics, are manuals that hard to get use to and do you think I will like it for driving all the time. I use to have a manual before I turned 16 and never really drove it to get use to it..That was a 92 though and Im sure the manuals now are alot smoother.

Some local choices around here could be
Toyota Celica GT-S
Honda Civic EX
Honda civic si
Subaru? (insurance and cost to maintain unknown)

any other suggestions...I looked into Passats and Audi's however I cannot afford full coverage for them. And cost to maintain would probably be high if something were to go wrong.
I like civics, except I dont think any of them have leather? I have a Grand Prix GTP right now so I am sorta spoiled with all the options and toys I have to play with inside...Please I need help! Thank you !

* A little note..The car I will be buying will only be driven in the summer months *

Neothin
03-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I'd just go and get a 2 models ago civic. cheap, reliable, and will cost a hell of a lot less than your maximum. you could even put the leftover money towards a katzkin leather interior (which btw isnt as much as you would think it would be)

Joshua312
03-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Hey Neo...Good to see you here! Thanks for the reply...Im not very informed on all the civics and how to go by models...What year should I be looking for? 97-2000? That's be awesome if I could get one for under 9K and just go the katzkin I never thought of that.

Neothin
03-07-2006, 06:33 PM
you could even go and get an SI version from that model year which IIRC has 160 horsepower or something like that. With the lightweight of the car, it has some pep to it. And with the engine being a B-Series, you know there are TONS of mods available.

Djmigs
03-07-2006, 06:53 PM
1998-9 Lexus Sc300(I-6) or Sc400(V8) definetly go with v8 more power but i read what you said no v8.....