PDA

View Full Version : ONR or ONR Wash and WAX for maintenance Program?

Pages : [1] 2 3

statusdetailing
09-26-2013, 09:28 AM
I've recently started a new maintenance program. I'll be going out mobile and doing rinseless washing to maintain a few of my clients vehicles.

My clients will have the option of once a month, twice a month or weekly.

Should I just stick to ONR or should I switch to ONR wash and wax?

I'll be using the multi MF towel method in one bucket (discarding spent towels) and a separate bucket designated for wheel mf's.

This way, I only need one paint bucket and one wheels bucket and two discard buckets for used mf's.

I'm also bringing along tons of extra mf's and a 7 gallon container of pre mixed onr and water.

Dr_Pain
09-26-2013, 09:35 AM
ONR Wash and Wax, hands down over the simple ONR. Didn't think it was going to make that much of a difference but it did. The Gary Dean technique is very smart.

I routinely do a final wipedown inspection with V07 and find that ONRWW leaves less for me to "buff off".

ThomasonCarCare
09-26-2013, 09:37 AM
ONR and V7. It will be the quickest and will look great afterwards

Setec Astronomy
09-26-2013, 09:40 AM
I'll second the ONRWW...but mostly because it lets you tell your customer you're applying patented UV protection to their vehicle as part of your maintenance wash. Or were you going to do a spray wax afterward anyway?

statusdetailing
09-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I'll second the ONRWW...but mostly because it lets you tell your customer you're applying patented UV protection to their vehicle as part of your maintenance wash. Or were you going to do a spray wax afterward anyway?

I was thinking about a spray wax, but I think the wash and wax will be much simpler and better for marketing. Thanks for the input, sounds like the wash and wax is good stuff.

Setec Astronomy
09-26-2013, 09:46 AM
I was thinking about a spray wax, but I think the wash and wax will be much simpler and better for marketing. Thanks for the input, sounds like the wash and wax is good stuff.

I actually haven't used mine that much. You might think about using the DG rinseless which has Aquawax in it...the price point is a bit better. But I think for what you are doing the "patented UV protection!" angle of the ONRWW is great for marketing.

statusdetailing
09-26-2013, 09:47 AM
ONR and V7. It will be the quickest and will look great afterwards

I think the ONR wash and wax will save me a step. I'm gonna try to be in and out in around 20 minutes.

I'd be interested in trying the V7 on my "express" detail that I do at my shop. Looks like a good product.

ThomasonCarCare
09-26-2013, 10:11 AM
I use Chemical Guys Ecopod for my maintenance program along with V7 and my customers love it. Once you get the shine the V7 keeps it looking good for a while. You will not be dissapointed.

stilltipping3
09-26-2013, 10:50 AM
I've recently started a new maintenance program. I'll be going out mobile and doing rinseless washing to maintain a few of my clients vehicles.

My clients will have the option of once a month, twice a month or weekly.

Should I just stick to ONR or should I switch to ONR wash and wax?

I'll be using the multi MF towel method in one bucket (discarding spent towels) and a separate bucket designated for wheel mf's.

This way, I only need one paint bucket and one wheels bucket and two discard buckets for used mf's.

I'm also bringing along tons of extra mf's and a 7 gallon container of pre mixed onr and water.

Do u also include an inside wipe down?

statusdetailing
09-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Do u also include an inside wipe down?

Yes, a light dusting and wipedown. Probably a quick mat vacuum with a battery powered vac.

The exterior is my main focus.

statusdetailing
09-26-2013, 11:11 AM
I use Chemical Guys Ecopod for my maintenance program along with V7 and my customers love it. Once you get the shine the V7 keeps it looking good for a while. You will not be dissapointed.

I'd probably be going through a ton of product with the CG waterless wash, right?

Is it cost effective?

I like to mix onr a little strong, but it can technically be diluted 1 ounce to 2 gallons.

2shiny
09-26-2013, 01:01 PM
I've never used it, so this could be very very wrong, but if the wax is anything like the shampoo wash and wax, I wouldn't really call it a true wax layer, but more gloss enhancer and it will only last 2 days... I'd go for ONR and V7

ThomasonCarCare
09-26-2013, 01:20 PM
I'd probably be going through a ton of product with the CG waterless wash, right?

Is it cost effective?

I like to mix onr a little strong, but it can technically be diluted 1 ounce to 2 gallons.

It can be diluted 4:1 so it seems like you use a lot, but all you have to do is mist the surface and wipe it off. I have the ecopod and it has a 5 gallon tank. I have washed five cars with it and I have only used about 1.5 gallons of it. Also, it has waxes and claybar-like materials in it so you don't really need to follow it up. I only use V7 because the customers that want the maintenance are the ones that pay for a full detail. So, if I make them happy, they keep coming back.

Harry Da Hamster
09-26-2013, 02:47 PM
If someone is paying you and you're advertising wash and wax, it should be some sort of dedicated LSP whether its a spray sealant, OCW, paste wax, or anything!

WantcarPerfect
09-26-2013, 03:26 PM
I Agree with @anoymousuer I feel if you are selling a wash and wax you need two products. Consumer do not know car products and may feel the wax in the car wash solution is only marketing fluff.

If you are doing this for a profit cost saving is very import as you will be using a lot of product.

I would use ONR (great product) which is cheaper than ONRWW. I would also use Megs D156 a great easy to use in the sun or shade spray wax. It is also about $7-8 a gallon cheaper than CG V7 (also a good product)