PDA

View Full Version : car shampoo that leaves nothing behind?

op1001
09-24-2013, 10:04 PM
I was curious is there a car shampoo that leaves no gloss or any protective stuff just a plain one ?

I currently have the Duragloss 901
DP extreme phone

and Einzsett gloss which does leave something behind

.. I want to polish my sisters car and then wash it down and coat it with opti-coat ..

arj
09-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Dodo Juice Supernatural, Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild, Gtechniq G-Wash, Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Clear, Meguiars Hyperwash. Probably loads more but these are the ones I can recall from the top of my head.

PPLd
09-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Dodo Juice Supernatural, Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild, Gtechniq G-Wash, Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Clear, Meguiars Hyperwash. Probably loads more but these are the ones I can recall from the top of my head.

I believe Dodo Supernatural SN shampoo leave behind sheeting agents.
Guess thats some sort of polymer.

Setec Astronomy
09-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Finish Kare 118 Super Concentrated Shampoo, car wash concentrate, auto shampoo, finish care car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-118-shampoo.html)

stilltipping3
09-25-2013, 06:41 AM
CG glossworks clear

swanicyouth
09-25-2013, 07:24 AM
CG glossworks clear

First time I've heard of that one. I wonder how it makes paint glossy if it leaves nothing behind? Magic? Voodo?

I've never used it, but G Techniq's car wash sounds like what you may be looking for.

CDot
09-25-2013, 07:28 AM
CG Citrus Wash & Clear or Citrus Wash Red wash away cleanly and strip the paint of LSP's at the stripping dilution rate. If you're looking to use a gentler wash, then Mr. Pink will wash away cleanly as well (it just doesn't strip any LSP).

CG glossworks clear

You mean CG Citrus Wash & Clear? Doesn't Glossworkz leave a glossing agent behind?

Ryry11
09-25-2013, 07:33 AM
I'd go with gtechniq g wash. It's my go to maintenance wash soap. It's pricey, but amazing. Incredible suds, amazing lubricity, leaves nothing behind.

Setec Astronomy
09-25-2013, 07:48 AM
.. I want to polish my sisters car and then wash it down and coat it with opti-coat ..

You know, here we all are like lemmings spouting out different car washes and arguing over it...when none of us (myself included) have noted the OP's flawed premise...

Don't go from a wash to Opti-Coat, man! Any "car wash" is going to risk leaving stuff behind that might interfere with the coating. You really want to do an IPA wipe. I have done OPC washdowns both with and without following with an IPA...I'm not sure if OPT says OPC will leave something that has to be removed with IPA.

Or you could just use an Optimum polish, they say you only need to do a damp towel wipe in that case.

FUNX650
09-25-2013, 07:52 AM
I was curious is there a car shampoo that leaves no gloss or any protective stuff just a plain one ?

-Meguiars #00 Hi-Tech Wash is one.
Remember: The type of water used to wash/rinse is also a factor.

I want to polish my sisters car and

then wash it down and coat it with opti-coat ..
Are you sure this is what Optimum recommends as the last preparatory-step before applying one of their Coatings?

:)

Bob

Setec Astronomy
09-25-2013, 07:55 AM
-Meguiars #00 Hi-Tech Wash is one.
Remember: The type of water used to wash/rinse is also a factor.

Unfortunately Meg's #00 is no more.

FUNX650
09-25-2013, 08:19 AM
Unfortunately Meg's #00 is no more.
I still have a few bottles of #00 and love it.
#62 is a good replacement, IMO.

:)

Bob