PDA

View Full Version : Graphite composite material, exterior trim - G35/37

CRyan
09-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the graphite composite material used for the side mirrors on G35s and G37s? It is beyond me why they chose this for the side mirror attachments. Either way, it readily soaks up 303 leaving streaks. My main concern is protection as this part cracked in half on my G35 after 5 years of sun exposure - Instead of the mirror folding upon a slight impact, the graphite just cracked in two.

I am hoping to prevent it from getting brittle on my wifes G37. I am concerned what products to use since it soaks up everything - Would hate to apply something that could possibly make it even more brittle over time.

Any thoughts, ideas?

a g thang
09-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Ive used 303 on mine and a couple other g's before. I agree it leaves it streaky for me every once in a great while. When that happens i just reapply it until it all looks even. I have also had good luck with ultima trim and tire, Wolfgang trim protectant, and ammo nyc mud tire gel. Hope i could help.

CRyan
09-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Just such an odd material. When the one on my G35 snapped, it broke into an almost crunchy splintered mess. On its cross section, you could see how porous it was - Almost like a ceramic tile.