PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang is made by Menzerna

Znig22
09-23-2013, 09:07 PM
So I have been buying the full line of Wolfgang products for some time now and after reading multiple reviews and doing a little research it appears Menzerna makes this product and can be bought cheaper if purchased in a Menzerna bottle.

Is this correct? And what is others take on this? Please back up your input with facts and product names.

ArkayoDeetayo
09-23-2013, 10:02 PM
The only WG products made by Menzerna are Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Glaze (Similar if not same as SIP/106)

mwoolfso
09-23-2013, 11:03 PM
I am not authoritative but generally speaking the formulas are not the same. Certainly you can find comparable products but that in itself doesn't necessarily mean they are the same.

Nick McKees37
09-24-2013, 10:52 AM
So I have been buying the full line of Wolfgang products for some time now and after reading multiple reviews and doing a little research it appears Menzerna makes this product and can be bought cheaper if purchased in a Menzerna bottle.

Is this correct? And what is others take on this? Please back up your input with facts and product names.

Wolfgang Uber Compound, Total Swirl Remover, and Finishing Glaze were co-developed with Menzerna.

All other Wolfgang formulas are proprietary.

:dblthumb2:

runrun411
09-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Nick, by comparison are they the same or slightly different?

Nick McKees37
09-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Nick, by comparison are they the same or slightly different?

There are differences, and it mainly comes down to the product's "workability."

Wolfgang polishes are more user friendly, thus making them more forgiving (especially for novices).

Znig22
09-24-2013, 08:30 PM
It seems that the lack of dye and scents in the Menzerna help the product break down faster and the lack of dye and scent help the sealant last longer since it is more pure. But your right the novice user would never know the difference.

swanicyouth
09-24-2013, 08:49 PM
WG TSR worked much better for me than Menz IP. TSR works well under all types of conditions. I would by it over the Menz counterpart anytime.

Setec Astronomy
09-24-2013, 09:08 PM
WG TSR worked much better for me than Menz IP. TSR works well under all types of conditions. I would by it over the Menz counterpart anytime.

Um...except the Menz counterpart of TSR is SIP, not IP...

swanicyouth
09-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Um...except the Menz counterpart of TSR is SIP, not IP...

I actually knew that. It didn't read quite like I meant it to. I don't have SIP, I have IP - so that's all I could compare it to. Either way, they are all pretty similar and the WG worked well for me.

I reach for it first for any real swirls and it's never not worked well. Of course, for me that's only on BMW and Nissan paint.