PDA

View Full Version : Glass towels

Pages : [1] 2

nissenc1337
09-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Are they effective? I've been using newspaper with great results however, I was recently trying to clean the inside of a windshield the other day and I need something that will pick up and lift away contaminants.

I'm considering these,

Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towels, glass cleaning towels (http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-ww1627-3.html)

WantcarPerfect
09-23-2013, 03:58 PM
I looked at these also, but they are kind of expensive. I'm not sure you need a 16 x 24 towels to clean car windows. I think a good 16 X 16 is fine. However I am always looking for better products so if someone can tell me why these are better I may try them.

IID
09-23-2013, 04:42 PM
Try the OPT glass towels,and never look back!

tnecniv
09-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Check out the CarPro Fast Glass towel.. it's awesome!!

Harry Da Hamster
09-23-2013, 05:34 PM
I have the Pakshak Glass Towels and they work great! I initially bought one but bought four more for a total of five. Use them for the car, bathroom mirror, home windows, literally everything with glass.

Evan.J
09-23-2013, 05:47 PM
+1 on the CarPro glass towels. Highly impressed!

KillaCam
09-23-2013, 05:49 PM

+2. Made glass cleaning so much easier.

hernandez.art13
09-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Are you guys talking about this towel?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/65863-product-review-carpro-fast-glass-towel.html

TroyScherer
09-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Are you guys talking about this towel?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/65863-product-review-carpro-fast-glass-towel.html

Those things are freaking awesome. And that review ain't bad either...:xyxthumbs:

Shortspark
09-23-2013, 07:05 PM
+2. Made glass cleaning so much easier.

Plus 100! These are the only things to use to clean the inside windows. A pack of five will outlast the car.

hernandez.art13
09-23-2013, 07:18 PM
You review Troy is what made me pursue further research. I have the Cobra glass towel^ so these would make a nice addition.

Thank You,

Product Description
"Fast Glass" (5 Pack) - 100% Streak Free Glass Cloth
Our Fast Glass cleaning cloths are exactly what you need for fast and easy 100% streak free glass. I expect when you first open the package and view them you may have the same first reaction I did. "What did I just buy?!" They are very unassuming at first view but don't judge this book by its cover! The first time you wipe them across the interior of that hazy windshield or some other dirty surface all doubts will be put away! The day I received these cloths I gave them a thorough testing. I attempted to tear one to no avail. I held it up to the light to inspect the fibers, and finally set them loose on the interior of a hazy windshield. Incredilby easy to use with no chemicals needed! I simply wet the entire towel and then wrung it out completely! After that well... Take a look through the pictures and see for yourself! I simply wiped the surface and within seconds it was dry without not a spot, smear, or any haze to be found. I simply flipped the towel as needed and was done almost as quickly as I had started.

Features:

Easy to Use
Cleans and Dries in one step:
Value: Eliminates the need for more costly microfiber towels, cleaning chemicals, etc.
Durable: Clean hundreds of windshields and other surfaces in the life cycle of a single towel
Environmentally Friendly: One less chemical needed in your supply
Removes dirt, grease, grime, smudges, sticky residue and just about anything you can think of
Clean glass, mirrors, and much more
Cleans and makes an excellent polishing cloth for stainless steel, aluminum, and much more
Easily remove the oil, dust, and smudges from your Ipad, phone, and other touchscree devices
Specifications:

Size: 16" x 16"
Weight: 140 gram
Color: White

Instructions:
Wet thoroughly (warm water will soften it best on first use)
Wring out completely
Flatten or fold
Wipe dirty surface
Walk away
"Fast Glass" cloth will continue to soften with each use

After Care: (Like any other microfiber cloth)
When dirty simply wash it and re-use
Machine wash with liquid "free and clear" detergent or microfiber detergent and rinse well to avoid any residue in towel
You may wash with other (non-linting) microfiber towels but for best practice AVOID washing with towels that contain any wax or polymer quick detailer product
Do NOT wash with regular clothings. This will cause lint to attach to the towels
NO fabric softeners!
Hang Dry
Tips:
If the surface is not spot free after use then you did not wring the Fast Glass cloth hard enough and it was too moist.
If streaks are found your towel is dirty and must be washed

nissenc1337
09-24-2013, 07:32 AM
So, what you're saying is the CarPro Fast Glass towel?

Hah!

Thanks guys, AG doesnt sell these do they?

Evan.J
09-24-2013, 07:59 AM
So, what you're saying is the CarPro Fast Glass towel?

Hah!

Thanks guys, AG doesnt sell these do they?

Nope but they are certainly worth it. The more you use them the better they get. You can wash them then hang dry them. I wish I would have bought them sooner.

nissenc1337
09-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Nope but they are certainly worth it. The more you use them the better they get. You can wash them then hang dry them. I wish I would have bought them sooner.

SO you really just soak them in warm water, wringe them out, fold and wipe? Incredible. Are these your external towels as well or is it best to keep them for use inside the vehicle?

KS_Detailing
09-24-2013, 10:10 AM
I have the white cobra waffle weave glass towels. They work pretty well. This is my first time using a dedicated towel for glass. Before I just used a microfiber towel. Not sure it does the job better than others but it works:props: