PDA

View Full Version : Gun Metal coating on wheels

cleanfreak0419
09-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Hello fello Geeks!

Do you pro's have a recommendation for cleaning and polishing wheels with a gun metal finish?

There seems to be some type of tar on them as well.

I have a 2011 Infiniti M37S with the 20" sport wheels with this coating. This is not my pic, but this is what they look like.

Any help is appreciated.

cheers
jason

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9554/12tdimac001x.jpg

jamesboyy
09-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Your wheels are made of alloy with a hyper silver/gun metal color with clear coat when i come across these type of wheels i use Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner at 1:4 to polish them i would use Flitz Metal Polish where is the tar on the face of the wheel or in the barrel? if its on the face use a bug and tar or goo gone with bug sponge and agitate if its in the barrel then take the tire off and try the same method you would with the face of the wheel .... good luck

cleanfreak0419
09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the reply mate.

It looks as if the previous owner hit a few curbs as well and the paint has been removed. Is there anything out there to repair this?

Cheers
Jason

KillaCam
09-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Your wheels are made of alloy with a hyper silver/gun metal color with clear coat when i come across these type of wheels i use Meguiars Non-Acid Wheel & Tire Cleaner at 1:4 to polish them i would use Flitz Metal Polish where is the tar on the face of the wheel or in the barrel? if its on the face use a bug and tar or goo gone with bug sponge and agitate if its in the barrel then take the tire off and try the same method you would with the face of the wheel .... good luck

Why would you use metal polish on a clear coated wheel?

ScottB
09-23-2013, 08:04 PM
P21S Wheel Cleaner ....

jamesboyy
09-23-2013, 11:56 PM
because it cleans and brightens the finish without sratching the surface

jamesboyy
09-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the reply mate.

It looks as if the previous owner hit a few curbs as well and the paint has been removed. Is there anything out there to repair this?

Cheers
Jason

it sounds like curb rash you will have to get the wheel repaired by a wheel repair shop