PDA

View Full Version : Dp Paint coating Vs. Cquartz

Hitman21
09-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Hi Guys, I need some help deciding which way to go... I am looking to start offering a paint coating for my customers but not sure what one to use. I can see cost effectiveness in the DP coating where I can get more cars out of a bottle compared to the Cquartz. But I'm looking for some opinions on both so I can make up my mind on what one to get! Thank you in advance!

Ian

K.C.C.O.!

goodinblack
09-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Thing that worries me about DP is that I can't see 4 oz. Doing a lot of cars like it claims...... especially since I have seen recent posts about it flashing really fast.

c5errr
09-23-2013, 01:43 AM
i tried the original C quartz and the 30ml bottle will be enough to put 2 coats on a mid or small size sedan

and always bear in mind that no matter how fast u will keep the coating cure until u buff it off it will be sticky and grabby
thats the nature of it

but after a week of curing and rinse with water or even wash then adding reload after the wash then the paint will be as smooth as glass

and when this coating cure it will be hard as nails in protection

about a month ago my corvette left front fender was painted but the whole car had over spray and the car coated in 25/5/2013

so i took nanoskin autoscrub sponge fine and scrubbed the car then i washed it it still has the same beading!
then i sprayed it with reload

i never tried DP paint coating but many people say that its easy to apply

if u want to try C quartz buy the sample bottle and try it on your car and see how long does it last but other coatings dont have a sample size

BeachZone
09-23-2013, 07:53 AM
I'd stick with the tried and true CQ. Just my two pennies, though

-Beach

Mike Phillips
09-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Just to chime in...

In my Vehicle Inspection Form, there's a place to upsell your customer a paint coating.

You walk you customer through your packages and the prices for these packages and then following that section is the upsell section for a coating. This helps you to "educate" the customer, which is what you're going to have to learn to do if you want to upsell coatings.

Mike Phillips VIF or Vehicle Inspection Form (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/62084-mike-phillips-vif-vehicle-inspection-form.html)

:)

zmcgovern45
09-23-2013, 08:50 AM
You should be able to get several applications out of a 30mL bottle... I have never used the "regular" CQuartz, but I have used CQuartz Finest, 22ple VX1 Pro and Opti-Coat 2.0.

I just did a Toyota Avalon this weekend with 22ple VX1 Pro and I used about 6-8cc's, and that is a LARGE sedan. I tend to spread it on quite thick, too.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1239371_299780463493413_797677732_n.jpg

From this, you should expect to get multiple applications out of a single bottle if done properly. The applicator makes a big difference as well.. I love the CQuartz Applicator Blocks wrapped in the suede microfiber. They soak up almost no product, so you are spreading it all on the surface instead of loosing it in one of those yellow foam pads.

*I have heard CQ original is somewhat difficult to work with compared to many of the other coatings on the market. CQ Finest and 22ple VX1 Pro are by far the easiest coatings I have ever used... why not look into the 22ple lineup?

BlackHawk
09-23-2013, 09:40 AM
You should be able to get several applications out of a 30mL bottle... I have never used the "regular" CQuartz, but I have used CQuartz Finest, 22ple VX1 Pro and Opti-Coat 2.0.

I just did a Toyota Avalon this weekend with 22ple VX1 Pro and I used about 6-8cc's, and that is a LARGE sedan. I tend to spread it on quite thick, too.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1239371_299780463493413_797677732_n.jpg

From this, you should expect to get multiple applications out of a single bottle if done properly. The applicator makes a big difference as well.. I love the CQuartz Applicator Blocks wrapped in the suede microfiber. They soak up almost no product, so you are spreading it all on the surface instead of loosing it in one of those yellow foam pads.

*I have heard CQ original is somewhat difficult to work with compared to many of the other coatings on the market. CQ Finest and 22ple VX1 Pro are by far the easiest coatings I have ever used... why not look into the 22ple lineup?

+1 my 30ml bottle has gotten my two applications so far and I not even at half way.

cleanmycorolla
09-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Thing that worries me about DP is that I can't see 4 oz. Doing a lot of cars like it claims...... especially since I have seen recent posts about it flashing really fast.

So you've never used it?

I've applied it to 5-6 cars now. A) it's amazing, and if you do it in a garage and not outside in the sun like the people with flashing issues you'll be fine. B) having used in to do 5-6 full cars I can tell you I still have about more than half the bottle left. If you're not applying it like an idiot and taking your time you'll be fine. :dblthumb2:

EvolutionDetail
09-23-2013, 10:03 AM
I am a believer in coatings.
Ever since CQ and OC was brought onto the plate, I tried CQ the second AG had it in stock.

CQ is easy to apply just like other coatings, the problem I had with it was buffing it off, it is tacky when u try and buff it, super hard to buff without crumbling your towel to a ball. Which made me feel like I was inducing more scratches during the removal process. That was my 1st and last time I used CQ original.

After that I set out and tried all the other coatings in the market....

However the CqUk sounds to be much more easier to apply and remove.
But I have never had the chance to use it

EvolutionDetail
09-23-2013, 10:09 AM

22ple is AWESOME, but pricey and very limited vendors actually carry them.
I had the chance to apply it on my WRB WRX early this year in 2013, I put it on before I made my trip to detail fest, but around June, I was driving my car to get state inspection, and a guy in front of me, his car took a dump from the exhaust. Spitting out black wet liquid and splashed all over my front end.

By the time I got home and tried hose it down, they already turned hard and stuck onto my paint and glass. Felt like textured bed liner lol. I tried claying , washing nothing worked.
And I started using carpro trix which did remove it, but it took a while.
I ended up busing 2 600ml trix, a bottle of iron x and some tar x.
All 600ml. That got most of it off, some is still stuck between nooks and crannies.

And obviously by the time I was Donne, I spray water on my front end, it was still beading and sheeting. But it was degraded by like 70% compare to places that was untouched