PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on "smell"?

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
09-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Hey guys I have a customer who is happy with my work , but now she is a little bothered by smell of my APC on the insiide. To use her words "it smells to chemically". I use an APC from hd called zep.

Anyone have any tips on giving the car a fresher smell?

Anyhing I can use? I never had a complaint before, but I want to make her happy.

wdmaccord
09-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Hey guys I have a customer who is happy with my work , but now she is a little bothered by smell of my APC on the insiide. To use her words "it smells to chemically". I use an APC from hd called zep.

Anyone have any tips on giving the car a fresher smell?

Anyhing I can use? I never had a complaint before, but I want to make her happy.

First, get an APC that isn't general purpose and is for cars. Most of those will have some kind of citrus scent that isn't offensive...at least my experience in the few I have used. I know that doesn't help for this customer, so maybe an odor neutralizing bomb? You could probably find something at a local auto parts store if you need it right away. Otherwise there are some on AG.

CarolinaShine
09-21-2013, 12:49 PM
x2, get one designed for vehicles. I use Meguiars APC+ and it works great, smells good too! It's also super cheap in concentrate.

rjd598
09-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Cg has some great scents you could try out

goodinblack
09-21-2013, 01:31 PM
New car scent does NOT last from CG imo

hernandez.art13
09-21-2013, 01:35 PM
I also have Meguiars APC+ it's pretty inexpensive and the smell never really bothered me.

I have been interested in a car scent though. But I want something that last a long time.

The little car trees smell nice, I like the black ice. But they don't last long enough for me to want to keep buying over and over again

Anomander
09-21-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm still trying to find a car freshner that smells like incense. This girl I dated had it, but I forgot what its called.

wompasaurus
09-21-2013, 01:50 PM
you can pick up ozium i think thats how its spelled at most chain stores. will remove any oder. I use all clean+ from cf for interior very very light sent if any once its diluted. also if your spraying it on all plastic panels having air at your disposal is great for blowing all remaining chemicals out of cracks that you cant wipe away.

WAXOFF
09-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Jay Manufacturing - Odor Assassin (http://www.jay-mfg.com/C-assassin.html) I use sprays called Odor Assasin. They have a lot of different scents.

KillaCam
09-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Jay Manufacturing - Odor Assassin (http://www.jay-mfg.com/C-assassin.html) I use sprays called Odor Assasin. They have a lot of different scents.

Those are available at ace hardware? How long do they last? Chemical guys scents last 2 days tops....

I've used Meg's APC with no complaints so far. Never tried the zep. You could try wiping down the panels with a water soaked rag after cleaning to remove the film that might be the source of the smell.

DogRescuer
09-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Thanks alot.

KS_Detailing
09-21-2013, 04:13 PM
This suggestion wouldnt be just for one customer but maybe consider using steam as a cleaning method.

Detailing by M
09-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Don't use one chemical to cover another.
Change APCs.
Meg's APC+ doesn't leave an oder behind.

Sent while I was Detailing or something related to detailing ;)

BrianMcLeod
09-22-2013, 12:35 PM
I use aerospace 101 protecter for the inside and does not smell

WAXOFF
09-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Odor Assasin lasts for weeks not days. I usually also add Ridz Odor to my carpet extractor water to freshen the carpets and seats while you clean them.

Core Products Company - Unbelievable!® Rid'z Odor Super Concentrated (http://coreproductsco.com/index.php/unbelievable_ridz_odor_super_concenrate)