PDA

View Full Version : Klasse over OCW

Njohc
09-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Hey guys,
I know this combo isnt conventional, but here's the story...

In July I did the last light polish on my car with my pc7424. Its a single stage BMW and there is absolutely no more paint to polish. Any more paint removal and it will need to be repainted. Im a college student, so there is no money in the bank for that right now.
After my final polish, I gave the car 2 layers of klasse SG, and have since been re-applying with OCW. The OCW seems to be the only wax left. The car water-spots incredibly easy, and they wont come off now.
Will applying Klasse over OCW just be a waste? Or should I just clay the car, 3-4 layers of klasse, and then OCW? Im trying to reduce scratches as much as possible.

Thanks for any input!
-Tyler

Setec Astronomy
09-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Conventional wisdom would say that Klasse SG will not bond over OCW.

mwoolfso
09-20-2013, 07:09 AM
If you want to save the paint then put a permanent or semi-permanent coating on it. Why continue to fight an uphill battle..... my $0.02.

Desertnate
09-20-2013, 07:48 AM
I think there is a lot of overkill with three to four layers of Klasse, espicially if you are on a budget. If done right, one or two layers will get you a really shiny car and will protect it for six to 8 months.

I've always been part of the school that believes that Klasse doesn't bond real well to anything by clean paint, it's own AIO or itself.

I'd hit the car with a coat of Klasse AIO, follow up with the SG and then call it a day. You're products will last much longer and the car will still look good and be protected.

FUNX650
09-20-2013, 08:19 AM
I'd hit the car with a coat of Klasse AIO, follow up with the SG and then call it a day.
You're products will last much longer and the car will still look good and be protected.

^^^:iagree:^^^

@ OP/Tyler:
For maintenance:
-Wash/Dry followed with:
-A "Quick Detail Spray" made from: 1:6 ratio of KHGSG: Meguiar's QD...approx. 1/2oz KSG:8oz. Meg's QD.
(Unless you want to purchase Sonus Acrylic Spritz Quick Detail Spray, that is.)

I would no longer use OCW for maintenance, if there's a concern about bonding.

And...Just curious:
How did you conclude that:

there is absolutely no more paint to polish. Any more paint removal and it will need to be repainted.
Tyler

:)

Bob

Njohc
09-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks guys. Ill definitely strip it and go over it again. The weather is perfect right now. I had heard of using qd and klasse before. I love that idea.

Also, I concluded that by PC'ing it down to primer... Some is showing on the edges of the trunk as well as the top edges of the roof...Its a very soft paint, and I realized that. Ive never been aggressive with it at all. Apparently the PO did his fair share of work on it.

Money for wax isnt a problem. I can swing bottles of
Klasse...a 5k respray is something I cant lol

I air dry it with a blower, and follow up whatever is left with the OCW. It works like a charm, it just doesnt have a good base coat of anything to support it anymore.