PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Confusion

Valtex7
09-19-2013, 02:43 PM
From the how to apply instructions on this site, regarding the "good things come to those who wait" comment; is the wait time after buffing or does it mean the longer dry time before buffing is better?
Also, the site states to remember that the sealant/glaze is for painted surfaces only, however; the product back label states it is excellent on plexiglass, fiberglass, glass, plastics, enamel, metal surfaces, tiles, formica and other non-porous surfaces. Which is correct?? (This is the grey container, also essentially same info on red container)Feed back please
One more question...are pad color/purposes standard across the industry, or does each manufacturer have their own "color code", i.e.; is orange always for light cutting and white for polishing, etc.
Thanks in advance for your help.

ClayR
09-19-2013, 03:07 PM
I've seen about ten different ways of applying Klasse. You can apply it to near about anything, even the kitchen counter . . . for real! Does a pretty good job of sealing it up. I think it does a great job on plastic/rubber trim, especially since it contains UV blockers. Klasse is for the most part acrylic, which makes it incredibly versatile. Some people apply it as a wipe on wipe off, some let it harden to stone and then use a detailer spray to remove it, and some spray a watered down KSG and then wipe off. Personally, I like the let it harden to stone, then wipe off with detail spray. Do a google search for "Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glase Guide Ivan Rajic" it is on another website but it is the best guide I've tried so far. My only change to his method is to water (distilled) down the Megs 34 by half and add two to three ounces to that spray mixture. It makes the clean wipe easier and also this mix can be used as a finish detailer/refresher later.

Desertnate
09-19-2013, 03:19 PM
I use Klasse on everything. I don't use the AIO on plastics or trim, but I do hit those surfaces with the SG.

ClayR
09-19-2013, 03:23 PM
The pads are really manufacturer dependent but there is a very loose standard for colors that most follow. I recommend only applying the Klasse All In One with a DA, either a Lake County white or preferable green pad. KAIO is really a surface cleaner so the DA helps to "scrub" the surface. The Klasse High Gloss Sealant you can apply immediately after KAIO. I would recommend using a microfiber covered sponge. Wait at least 12 hours to apply another layer. For durability you only need two but for an eye popping gloss try three.

As mentioned above the KAIO don't use on trim due to the cleaner additives but the Sealant is okay.