PDA

View Full Version : Long lasting sealants

Pages : [1] 2

DanielSwe
06-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Friends,

the Swedish climate is a bit extreme. Are you aware of a long lasting Sealant that will last minimum 12 months even if you use degreasers and tix degreasers when washing the car?

Any information will be much appreciated.

Daniel

supercharged
06-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Friends,

the Swedish climate is a bit extreme. Are you aware of a long lasting Sealant that will last minimum 12 months even if you use degreasers and tix degreasers when washing the car?

Daniel
There is no such sealant that will last minimum 12 months when using degreasers. The only longest lasting I know of are Klasse twins, and Duragloss #105. Label says itwill last a full year, but I really doubt it. Although if you add polycharger to it, it might. but not when using degreasers. Only if using gentle shampoo (Poorboys, Duragloss), and QD after every wash.

Al-53
06-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Friends,

Daniel

If you find one let me know please...I would be interested...some claim a year..but in reality that would all depend on environmental conditions...garage time...exposure to the elements.......garage queens can get a year with any sealant or wax as long as they are not exposed to the elements..harsh sun...

I do not think there is to much on the market that will fill the bill you are looking for....the degreaser is a killer alone....

AL

DanielSwe
06-16-2007, 03:12 PM
If you find one let me know please...I would be interested...some claim a year..but in reality that would all depend on environmental conditions...garage time...exposure to the elements.......garage queens can get a year with any sealant or wax as long as they are not exposed to the elements..harsh sun...

I do not think there is to much on the market that will fill the bill you are looking for....the degreaser is a killer alone....

AL

Thanks for getting into this topic, man. We currently use Silver Seal Nano2K from Smartab as shown on the X5 on my avatar. They claim it will last a year and I will squeeze them to find out if it's true. It is made out of fluorocarbon. I used to work for Mr Cap and their product Formula U definitely lasts a year while washing with degreaser as we do in winter. It's not available in the market, though.

Al-53
06-16-2007, 03:38 PM
A lot claim a year..some claim 5 years...but they never last..to many factors to claim that time span....acid rain...Salt from de icing roads....airports pollutants...highway smog...the list is endless...

Flourocarbon is a form of teflon...called PTFE...it adds no protection..its a slickness producer...but deplete as washing go on....for teflon to bond on a surface it takes 465 degrees ..it can be used in a emulsion to add slickness to the product..but as far as it grabbing the paint and locking in and adding a protective barrier for a year...NO....even Dupont said it has no protective features...even though they do market a teflon car care product line..

AL

DanielSwe
06-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I guess I will have to bring what you say into the discussion with the company. The guy who invented Mr Cap's stuff had to sign a 30-year contract where he's bound not to tell what is in it.

Thanks for help.

Sincerely Daniel

bambo2888
06-16-2007, 04:58 PM
WG DGPS FTW

Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant will last the closest to what you are looking for. In my experience, I have noticed that I continue to fall back unto it when looking for durability.

Truls
06-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Duragloss got good durability, same goes with the collininte, but i dont know if its that you are looking for? Or just a "top coat"

Ive been told that Mr Cap is good, seen some cars they have done, and they look pretty good. But you do have to have the car there once a year dont you?

ScottB
06-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I would give Zaino top honors in length of protection (ie. durability) with the Klasse Twins as close behind. Without using degreasers, and using their booster products you should see 6-8 months protection on either.

P1et
06-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Personally, about a year ago, I would have agreed with Scott in regards to Zaino for durability. But since then, I think that some waxes last even longer and look much better.

And talk about being easier to apply! That ZF-X crap, I was never a big fan of it.

DanielSwe
06-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Duragloss got good durability, same goes with the collininte, but i dont know if its that you are looking for? Or just a "top coat"

Ive been told that Mr Cap is good, seen some cars they have done, and they look pretty good. But you do have to have the car there once a year dont you?

Yup, you have to get there once a year and you do a minor work on the paint if the car has been washed properly and top it with new Formula U. I used to work there but now I'm at a BMW dealer's place.

DanielSwe
06-17-2007, 10:47 AM
WG DGPS FTW

Wolfgang's Deep Gloss Paint Sealant will last the closest to what you are looking for. In my experience, I have noticed that I continue to fall back unto it when looking for durability.

Thanks man, I have to check it out. One friend is going to Florida this autumn so he will have to watch out for it.

DanielSwe
06-17-2007, 10:48 AM
WG DGPS FTW

Thanks man, I have to check it out. One friend is going to Florida this autumn so I'll ask him to look for it.

joe.p
06-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I would give Zaino top honors in length of protection (ie. durability) with the Klasse Twins as close behind. Without using degreasers, and using their booster products you should see 6-8 months protection on either.
i agree with you Scott..i last polished and used Z 5pro in Oct 06 with a few touch ups of Z8 here and there.. i'm going on 8 months

pt91
06-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Zaino or DG 105.
Although I really like the looks of WG DGPS, it is just not as durable as Z or DG in my experience.