PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Bigfoot 21es

Calendyr
09-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Ok, I have a question for those of you who have tried both (hopefully)....

I received my Rupes 21 and I also ordered a 5" backplate from Rupes so that I can use my 5.5" buff and shine foam pads on it.

Question is: Should I order 6.5" pads and use the 6 inch backplate? Or will the 5" bp + 5.5" pads do a better job?

Also, would you recommand going microfiber with the Rupes or do foam pads give better results?

I am interested in both work speed and finishing quality.

My only experience with mf pads was a bad one so I did not try to use it again after the first time. Pad got gunked up and I could not get it clean with the brush. I don't have access to compressed air. They seems to require a lot more maintenance both during and after the correction. Larry Kosilla keeps praising them so I feel I might be missing out on a great product.

zmcgovern45
09-18-2013, 10:44 PM
I use my 5" BP 99% of the time. I usually work on sedans and smaller cars though, so the smaller pads just make more sense. Plus, I am just used to the 5.5" pads since that is what I always used before I got my Rupes.

I also LOVE MF cutting pads on the Rupes. Have never tried the MF finishing pads on any machine- I prefer foam for finishing. I don't have air either, just the brush... Sounds like you used way too much product.

MajinAl
09-19-2013, 01:02 AM
With the 5.5 pads you have a little bit more versatility.
I too correct with mf and finish with foam but I use a rotary to polish and DA to correct.
I know it should be the other way around

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online