PDA

View Full Version : Water Marks on Black Car

airtas
09-18-2013, 04:12 PM
I was looking for any tips/tricks on drying a black car.

Whatever I do I end up with water droplet marks that I have to use a quick wax to eliminate.

Is it because I have Hard Water?

Is it because my car is black?

Would I have the same marks from a rain storm?

Why do my gun metal painted alloy wheels not show marks?

jamesboyy
09-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Black cars shows all dirt, imperfections, etc you could be getting water spots from hard water and when it rains you will have water spot if you dont dry the paint as soon as it stop raining
Try dryiing the car with water, use a leaf blower or a large microfiber and you are not going to see much water spots on your wheels because of brake dust and cause its a lighter color then black

ponypower5.0
09-18-2013, 06:50 PM
The water-spotting you are experiencing is from hard water. The dissolved minerals in your water do not evaporate and are left behind after the water evaporates. Try washing and drying under shade, preferably in the morning or evening when the sun is no longer on the paint. As you wash a section of your car, keep re-rinsing other areas of the car to prevent the water from evaporating before you get a chance to dry it.

Another tip would be to use a waffle weave microfiber towel and a quick detailer as a drying aid. Nothing wrong with using a spray wax but that can get expensive after a while. You can also remove your spray nozzle from the hose and flood the paint when you rinse. If there is sealant or wax on the paint, it should sheet off, leaving only small droplets of water behind that you can dry off. Another thing you can try is an electric leave blower to blow the water off. It helps prevent the water from "weeping" from all the cracks also.

Personally, I use a water deionizer that removes 100% of the dissolved solids (minerals) from the water but they are expensive. I have a jet black car so I feel your pain.

Hope that helps!

conthedon
09-18-2013, 07:18 PM
Its hard water. Just make sure to keep the panels wet, or buy an instant detailer and spray the towel or each panel when drying to wipe up spots. But not a quick wax/spray wax