PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor Thought His Paint Was Clean.....

Darion
09-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Well it wasn't. My neighbor stopped by couple weeks back with a Black E-Class coupe, couple years old but a beautiful car. He is always washing it and dries it off with the oldest shammy I have ever seen. :( Anyway he had been seeing cars come and go and wanted to know if I would do his car for him and what work I would perform. I gave him the run down but he had questions about the clay step, I explained what the process does and he said it wouldn't be necessary cause he washes the car weekly, the "Paint is Clean". I explained its part of the process and the price is the same either way and I would show him the results.

This weekend I had a chance to do the car, picked it up and I told him I would wash it and call him over to see what comes off the car using the clay. He stopped by I opened a new clay bar and started the hood, he was shocked to see what came off just the hood, picture says it all.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2pp111e.jpg

Customer was shocked and gave me a killer tip when he picked up the car. Had a bunch of correction to do also with scratches from what looked like a bush running from behind the front wheel to the back wheel plus other various abrasions.

Thanks for reading,

PC

zmcgovern45
09-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Nice!! Great job taking the time to educate your customer.

Hopefully you turned him on to the proper two bucket wash method, and convinced him to get some quality microfiber towels while you were at it?

Setec Astronomy
09-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Great instructional thread about bonded contaminants that aren't removed by washing.

Darion
09-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Nice!! Great job taking the time to educate your customer.

Hopefully you turned him on to the proper two bucket wash method, and convinced him to get some quality microfiber towels while you were at it?

So I gave him a microfiber towel to dry off with but a two bucket wash for him, no way. He's 70 and basically wets the car down, sprays on some spray wash he says he likes from a flee market, wipes down, rinses and dries. :dunno: On the upside he keeps the interior really clean so of the 12 hours I spent on his car, 10 plus went to the paint and it needed it. He wants me to do his 7 year old red Vette which has never been polished, imagine what it looks like. :bolt:

PC

Pureshine
09-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Great job! Educating your customer is key to a good relationship and trust with them.