PDA

View Full Version : sealant over sealant

stilltipping3
09-18-2013, 07:31 AM
I was wondering if you guys use different sealants over themselves? If so, do u also put multi coats of wax?

Setec Astronomy
09-18-2013, 07:36 AM
I personally think you had too much coffee this morning.

Sure, I've put sealants on top of sealants, but not on the same day or anything. More like I put one sealant on, and in a month or two if I decide it needs to be refreshed I might put a different sealant on.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. People do different things for different reasons, there are certainly people that will use an AIO and follow it with a sealant (Klasse AIO followed by Klasse SG, or DG 501 followed by 105 or 111) which I have done. A common practice used to be applying a sealant (for durability) and topping it with a wax (for beauty).

Klasse Act
09-18-2013, 07:37 AM
I put different sealants over other sealants, just to change things up but what I've been doing is laying down a coat of BFCS first. Once it flashes your good to go with laying down another sealant or nuba for that matter. I first started doing this with Zaino's clear seal and now that I'm using Black Fire Crystal Seal, same thing applies. Its probably why I'm so low on BFCS right now, LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

stilltipping3
09-18-2013, 07:46 AM
I put different sealants over other sealants, just to change things up but what I've been doing is laying down a coat of BFCS first. Once it flashes your good to go with laying down another sealant or nuba for that matter. I first started doing this with Zaino's clear seal and now that I'm using Black Fire Crystal Seal, same thing applies. Its probably why I'm so low on BFCS right now, LOL!

This was more what I was wondering? I just wanted to know if people used different brands to fill in the gaps of other brands used prior? TY

Klasse Act
09-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Well I like to change things from time to time, that's all. Products like BF, DG, CG JetSeal 109, WGPS 3.0 and Klasse SG give off a "pop" like no other, looks almost fake but then you get a sealant like the Collinite tripplets and they give off a warm, natrual glow like a nuba but with a bit of "pop" thrown in, this what makes Collinite so awesome too! I use them all and my paint looks stunning!

FUNX650
09-18-2013, 11:36 AM
I just wanted to know if people used different brands to fill in the gaps of other brands used prior? TY
If applied per directions; and, "focusing on the task at hand"<<<(M.P.)...
There should be no existent "gaps" of any given brand's particular LSP,
for another/different-brand's particular LSP to have to "fill-in".

Bob

SYMAWD
09-18-2013, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't layer different sealants because sealants are typically designed to bond to paint not other sealants. Waxes you can layer all day long because they really don't bond with the paint, they just sit on top of it.

Klasse Act
09-18-2013, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't layer different sealants because sealants are typically designed to bond to paint not other sealants. Waxes you can layer all day long because they really don't bond with the paint, they just sit on top of it.

This is good advice and true for the most part but some of the WOWA sealants work well with other products, Zaino and BlackFire to name the 2 I've used in the past. I will stick with BF due to the fact that it flashes in under an hour and makes the paint look incredible!