PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Washes?

cbartlett76
06-16-2007, 07:46 AM
What's the word on waterless washes?

Washing without water.. wouldn't dirt and grime be abrasive.

I was looking at poorboys spray and wipe which has received great reviews.. just thought I'd ask the forum.

I would be using for touchups between washes..

thanks in advance for your comments :)

ScottB
06-16-2007, 07:53 AM
For waterless washing, consider the DP and Optimum products. Both have alot of lubrication and are well liked.

The Poorboys product you noted is great from minor cleanups and quick detailing. It sounds like the perfect choice for your needs.

Reddwarf
06-16-2007, 08:57 AM
As Killerwheels said, PB Spray & Wipe is great for in between cleanups. I use it for spot cleaning between washes. But for rinseless wash of a dirty car I use DP Rinseless wash. It is great stuff! Search the forum for DP rinseless wash and I believe you will find several posts about it.

jfsully
06-16-2007, 09:02 AM
There is a very good waterless wash that, unfortunately, is not carried on AG (hint AG).

The product lifts the dirt off the finish and feels very slick finish after buffing. Ive seen little if any micro marring. Ive used the product almost since water restrictions appeared in SOFL.

(Erase this line if needed moderators) ....the product is ONE from Chemical Guys.

I know I'll get flamed for mentioning it (which I think is ridiculous since IF none of us had mentioned Menzerna it may have never been carried here).

I certainly am not promoting another site ,only trying to give info on what, IMHO, is a very nice and different product.

budman3
06-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Poorboy's Spray and Wipe can handle anything except for mud pretty much. You do have to change your technique depending on how dirty the surface is. If it is really dirty, spray a little more S&W than you are used to, use many clean parts of MF towels, and wipe clean. The prodcut is called Spray and Wipe... not spray and rub. The DP Waterless Autowash is decent but lacks lubricity, MF towels don't like to glide over the paint rather grab onto the paint... increasing the possibility of marring.

Surfer
06-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Like Killr said, I was looking as well, and seemed DP and Optimum always came up in the top recomendations.

Mike T
06-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I've used S&W on some pretty dirty surfaces with success. It is a great Waterless Wash. I can see where people feel more comfortable using 4in1 or ONR because your working with a bucket of water and a mitt. Personally I recommend all three. I might be a little more comfortable using 4in1 or ONR on pretty soiled surfaces because again you use a mitt and dunk as opposed to running a MF across the surface.
It's all about experimenting and personal preference. You shouldn't refrain from buying a product to try just because someone else didn't care for it.
Just my http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8338/2cents3fo.gif