PDA

View Full Version : I love you guys!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Calendyr
09-17-2013, 09:23 PM
And no before you ask, I am not drunk LOL!

I found an other forum while searching for stuff this morning. It's called Autopia, you guys probably know it.

I saw that Garry Dean and a lot of other people are present there so I registered. Posted a question this morning at around 6 am to break the ice. Normally by this time (10 pm) I would have a dozen replies on Autogeek.... on their forum... only 1 reply and a poor one at that.

So ya, as I said in the topic, I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Just thought you might wanna know ;)

custmsprty
09-17-2013, 09:25 PM
And no before you ask, I am not drunk LOL!

I found an other forum while searching for stuff this morning. It's called Autopia, you guys probably know it.

I saw that Garry Dean and a lot of other people are present there so I registered. Posted a question this morning at around 6 am to break the ice. Normally by this time (10 pm) I would have a dozen replies on Autogeek.... on their forum... only 1 reply and a poor one at that.

So ya, as I said in the topic, I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Just thought you might wanna know ;)

You do realize that autopia is part of PBMG just like autogeek right?

af90
09-17-2013, 09:28 PM
You do realize that autopia is part of PBMG just like autogeek right?Not necessarily. Autopia.org (the forum portion) was separated when Autopia was purchased I believe and is why there is now an autopiaforums.com and autopia.org

TroyScherer
09-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Autopia dot Org is different than the PBMG group of sites. Also it is not usually as busy. But the knowledge their is very good when you get input from the right people.

On a side not you would get more looks and info if you didn't put your question in a thread called "New member from Canada". Most old / knowledgeable members skip over these "welcome a newbie" thread...

custmsprty
09-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Autopia dot Org is different than the PBMG group of sites. Also it is not usually as busy. But the knowledge their is very good when you get input from the right people.

On a side not you would get more looks and info if you didn't put your question in a thread called "New member from Canada". Most old / knowledgeable members skip over these "welcome a newbie" thread...

autopia car care products is part of pbmg and so is their forum. Most definitely, just go to the site and then click on forums. And when your on the store site main page look at top right that says a subsidiary of pbmg. So I guess that other site is a .org since the autpiaforums.com was already taken by pbmg.

Iron400
09-17-2013, 10:52 PM
autopia car care products is part of pbmg and so is their forum. Most definitely, just go to the site and then click on forums. And when your on the store site main page look at top right that says a subsidiary of pbmg. So I guess that other site is a .org since the autpiaforums.com was already taken by pbmg.

Others here know the history better than I, but my understanding is autopia.com was purchased by PBMG, so the original forum members started autopia.org. The .org site has some great info, but it's not nearly as busy as the AGO forums.

hernandez.art13
09-17-2013, 10:52 PM
I really enjoy AutoGeek Online. Just look how many posts I have, in such a short time :laughing:

I can talk about detailing 24/7. I can't do that with anybody I personally know.

I have learned so much more on here. I have also met other detailers here online, phone and in person.

When it comes to detailing and off topic things AGO is thee place :xyxthumbs:

Art :)

BradsDetailing
09-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Good to know, but lets keep these threads to a minimum. I've just been seeing to many general threads and it gets harder to search for information when there are threads like this.

Setec Astronomy
09-18-2013, 12:13 AM
You guys have your history wrong. Autopia-CarCare.com had a forum associated with it, but the owner of both split them up and sold the forum to one company, and the store to PBMG (well it was a little more complicated than that, but that's how it ended up). PBMG acquired Detail City forum and changed it to autopiaforums.com as the new companion forum to Autopia-CarCare.com. When CMA went under and PBMG acquired them, they also acquired the Truth In Detailing forum, which was merged into AutopiaForums.com.

The story is really a lot longer and more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.

Pureshine
09-18-2013, 12:15 AM
I really enjoy AutoGeek Online. Just look how many posts I have, in such a short time :laughing:

I can talk about detailing 24/7. I can't do that with anybody I personally know.

I have learned so much more on here. I have also met other detailers here online, phone and in person.

When it comes to detailing and off topic things AGO is thee place :xyxthumbs:

Art :)

+1:iagree:

VISITOR
09-18-2013, 02:57 AM

autopiadotorg is the OG online discussion forum and there is so much wealth and knowledge from that site. many people/sponsors like kevin brown/buffdaddy, barry theal, david fermani, phil/detailersdomain & corey/carpro, charles hahn (started the HF DA re-grease thread), accumulator, and many more that i can't think of right now that are so informative it's frickin' ridiculous. you gotta give respect where it's do. it's good to keep an open mind/ears and get useful information from wherever you can...

Calendyr
09-18-2013, 02:59 AM

Nah did not count that as a thread. I asked a question about paint gauges, wanted to see the kind of response there and it's a valid concern I have before making that purchase ;) Will give it an other day or two then post it here ;)

Calendyr
09-18-2013, 03:01 AM

Well doesn't matter who it belongs to. What is important is the members participating. Maybe I caught them on a slow day, will see in 2 days if things have changed.

On the welcoming message they say that people usually post a presentation message then never return... that is not a good sign ;)

Calendyr
09-18-2013, 03:03 AM
autopiadotorg is the OG online discussion forum and there is so much wealth and knowledge from that site. many people/sponsors like kevin brown/buffdaddy, barry theal, david fermani, phil/detailersdomain & corey/carpro, charles hahn (started the HF DA re-grease thread), accumulator, and many more that i can't think of right now that are so informative it's frickin' ridiculous. you gotta give respect where it's do. it's good to keep an open mind/ears and get useful information from wherever you can...

Well that was my first impression... I was really surprised to see no answer to my question Worth talking about. Only answer I got was from a guy who ranted about people using microns to calculate paint depth instead of mills... Not a good start :)

But yes I agree there is talent there, the question is: are they active? I plan on visiting their forum on a daily basis so I should know pretty quickly.

VISITOR
09-18-2013, 03:30 AM
Well that was my first impression... I was really surprised to see no answer to my question Worth talking about. Only answer I got was from a guy who ranted about people using microns to calculate paint depth instead of mills... Not a good start :)

But yes I agree there is talent there, the question is: are they active? I plan on visiting their forum on a daily basis so I should know pretty quickly.

it depends, sometimes it's very active and sometimes it's a little less busy, just keep checking in from time to time... :props: