PDA

View Full Version : BFWD Haze, Reapply?

Misael7
09-17-2013, 02:20 PM
I'm doing a correction on my car and did m105/205 then this morning I applied the BFWD by machine then removed by hand. My question Is how important is the dry haze? I applied it then gave it a few mins then wiped it off. It was still "wet" but when I rubbed my finger it removed it. Will I have to reapply the sealant sincr I didn't let It fully haze (sit for 15-20m according to AG support).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AG Online

Nick McKees37
09-17-2013, 02:50 PM
BFWD (BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond) is actually one of the more versatile paint sealants. While technically you should let it dry to a haze before removal, durability will still remain strong if you treat it as a wipe on, wipe off type of product.

I would recommend applying another VERY THIN coat and letting it dry for about 15 minutes. This way you will ensure maximum coverage and durability.

:dblthumb2:

wdmaccord
09-17-2013, 02:55 PM
I actually let it sit for 30-45 minutes after I finish the entire car, then wipe off in the order I put it on. Is that overkill? Maybe. Technically, if the haze is dry and swipes clean, I think you can remove it.

Rsurfer
09-17-2013, 03:44 PM
I'm doing a correction on my car and did m105/205 then this morning I applied the BFWD by machine then removed by hand. My question Is how important is the dry haze? I applied it then gave it a few mins then wiped it off. It was still "wet" but when I rubbed my finger it removed it. Will I have to reapply the sealant sincr I didn't let It fully haze (sit for 15-20m according to AG support).

More importantly, did you remove the polishing oils left by M205?

Misael7
09-17-2013, 05:53 PM
I didn't, was I suppose to? So I applied a thin layer of bfwd again this time did it out of garage as it is a little tight to work annnd when I was wiping it half way done a rain cloud singled me out and most of the car got wet before putting It back In the garage ####! So I have to re apply it for the third time?? I'm dryng it now with WW MF then wipe off the wax spots that got wet :/

wdmaccord
09-17-2013, 06:25 PM
I didn't, was I suppose to? So I applied a thin layer of bfwd again this time did it out of garage as it is a little tight to work annnd when I was wiping it half way done a rain cloud singled me out and most of the car got wet before putting It back In the garage ####! So I have to re apply it for the third time?? I'm dryng it now with WW MF then wipe off the wax spots that got wet :/

Doh! :awman:

Misael7
09-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Just reapplied a 3rd coat lol what a day!