PDA

View Full Version : Are there other uses for Optimum No Rinse & Wax?

KS_Detailing
09-17-2013, 07:58 AM
I ordered a gallon of the wrong soap. Meant to get Optimum No Rinse & Shine not Wax. I think im past the return policy so are there other uses? Even though it has wax in it can I use it as a clay lube? Also considering using it to wash down the car after compounding or just try washing the car occasionally with it. A bit confused due to the wax in the soap.

Setec Astronomy
09-17-2013, 08:41 AM
You can use ONRWW any way you would use ONR, just not for things like coating prep or when you want a "bare" surface for whatever reason.

Shane731
09-17-2013, 11:14 AM
These are the Meguiar's rinseless washes, but the same uses still apply:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cICbdJocUI4]How to use Meguiar's D114 & D115 Rinse Free Express Wash - YouTube[/video]

KS_Detailing
09-22-2013, 06:16 AM
probably going to try this out for maintenance washes

VP Mark
09-22-2013, 08:01 AM
You can use it as a clay lube, qd, and it is great as a maintenance wash obviously.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

KS_Detailing
09-22-2013, 09:03 AM
is the wax in the soap give any protection? If I were to prep for paint correction would I not want to use this as a clay lube due to the wax in the soap? I meant to buy no rinse & wash:doh:

Setec Astronomy
09-22-2013, 09:30 AM
It will be fine to prep for paint correction, just a waste of the wax, but since you already bought a gallon, use it.

(expecting flaming posts about how you can't do paint correction with "wax" on the car...get over it guys, didn't you read the thread about how it's almost impossible to remove sealant except mechanically...well, correction is doing it mechanically)

VP Mark
09-22-2013, 10:00 AM
It will be fine to prep for paint correction, just a waste of the wax, but since you already bought a gallon, use it.

(expecting flaming posts about how you can't do paint correction with "wax" on the car...get over it guys, didn't you read the thread about how it's almost impossible to remove sealant except mechanically...well, correction is doing it mechanically)

Agreed. Also its not like this is colline 476 or something, it is a wax built into a rinse less wash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

KS_Detailing
09-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I want to put it to good use since I have it and paid for it.

stilltipping3
09-23-2013, 07:53 AM
I don't use anything with wax in it if im going to clay the car!!!

SlowWRX
09-23-2013, 08:37 AM
you can use it to buff with to remove light scratches on sticky paint.
Guy named scottwax did that on a Subaru where nothing would wipe away properly for him

Setec Astronomy
09-23-2013, 08:44 AM
you can use it to buff with to remove light scratches on sticky paint.
Guy named scottwax did that on a Subaru where nothing would wipe away properly for him

He BUFFED the car with ONRWW?

SlowWRX
09-23-2013, 08:45 AM
yep with a BuffNShine MF pad

Larry A
09-23-2013, 08:14 PM
I use the original ONR on interior vinyl and plastic. For me it leaves a finish similar to Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer.