PDA

View Full Version : Need a wax that can conceal swirls, maybe an AIO?

Pages : [1] 2 3

MrOneEyedBoh
09-17-2013, 04:56 AM
My cousin needs a wax that I can buy locally that can conceal swirls. I was going to compound it and wax it, but that might not be wise. I doubt he won't keep it up and its a big truck, f350.

So is there a wax that will clean and hide swirls like prima banana gloss? It needs to be local... I can hit the paint with SSR1-2, but he won't keep on top of it.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

VISITOR
09-17-2013, 05:03 AM
colorx can be found locally at oreilly's and i think autozone and pepboys carry it as well. you can top it the UQW which can be found at the formentioned places too...
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2267_64360853http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2269_22769653

nubaseal
09-17-2013, 05:13 AM
Bilt Hamber Auto Balm is a sealant with a huge amount of fillers.
AutoGlym Super Resin Polish is an AIO and is excellent at concealing imperfections but needs to be topped with a wax or a sealant. Scholl Concepts A15 is a filler heavy Polish+Sealant.

ken tuep
09-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Griots 1 step sealant, should be available at advanced auto and will do a descent job of cleaning it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

stilltipping3
09-17-2013, 06:14 AM
Megs Reconditioning cream

farmernick
09-17-2013, 06:25 AM
What do the cheap dealers use to hide swirls and scratches that actually doesn't fix the problems just hides them for a short amount of time. Looking for a product to use right before I trade a vehicle in to the dealership.

CDot
09-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Visitor's suggestion is very good, although I haven't used them myself. I personally use Mothers Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax and love it. Top it with Mothers California Gold Spray Wax and you're good to go. It's a little less expensive than Megs. Both the Megs/Mothers are readily available at any Wal-Mart.

What do the cheap dealers use to hide swirls and scratches that actually doesn't fix the problems just hides them for a short amount of time. Looking for a product to use right before I trade a vehicle in to the dealership.

Not sure what dealers use, but like a couple people have said--an all-in-one is your best best--something with fillers in it to mask some of the lighter scratches/swirls.

all in one polish, car polish wax, cleaner wax, best car wax polish, Klasse All In One, one step polish wax, AIO wax, AIO paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/all-in-one-cleaner-wax.html)

Out of the list above, I've only seen the Griot's One Step, Meguiar's Color-X, and the Mothers Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax in big box stores (although the Duragloss stuff might be found at CARQUEST & the 3M might be found at Pep Boys).

MrOneEyedBoh
09-17-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm looking for something that will clean and fill. Can I top with say collinite the same day? I'd rather have something that will clean fill and wax in one

CDot
09-17-2013, 07:55 AM
You need a Cleaner Wax/AIO. Griot's One Step, Meguiar's Color-X and Mothers Brazilian Carnauba Cleaner Wax are your best bet for store-bought. They'll lightly polish, clean, and protect.

Just remember that they fill light scratches/swirls, not major ones. I've topped the Mothers with Collinite #845 the same day and didn't have any issues.

swanicyouth
09-17-2013, 08:38 AM
Bilt Hamber Auto Balm is a sealant with a huge amount of fillers.
AutoGlym Super Resin Polish is an AIO and is excellent at concealing imperfections but needs to be topped with a wax or a sealant. Scholl Concepts A15 is a filler heavy Polish+Sealant.

I don't think he'll find those locally, unless maybe he's in Leeds or Hamburg.

MrOneEyedBoh
09-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks guys. I will check soon.. Should I clay bar or no

wdmaccord
09-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Assuming you have a random orbital DA polisher, use Megs Ultimate Compound. Here's a detail I just did on a black Accord. Owner used the brush in the self serve car wash every time he washed it...SMH. Took 5 hours to do the whole car making 6 section passes on about 18x18 sections. Went straight to Coll 845 after that and the car came out great. Here are some 50/50 shots:

MrOneEyedBoh
09-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah but I don't want to compound it. Just make it look decent. He's 16 and I guarantee he won't keep up on it

wdmaccord
09-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah but I don't want to compound it. Just make it look decent. He's 16 and I guarantee he won't keep up on it

I think you missed the point on this product...it is an AIO compound/polish and contains fillers to mask some imperfections so that you don't have to do a 2-step. Isn't that what you said you were looking for? Clay first, then UC, then wax. Simple.

Circa40
09-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Meg's white or black wax, both are probably available anywhere.

If you can get past the silly tube container (I transfer the contents to a squeeze bottle), its probably the best aio that I've ever used.