PDA

View Full Version : For those who use a foam cannon

PERFECTIONPLUS
09-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Those of use who use a foam cannon, does it speed up your wash times? Do the cars get clean or do you still have to wash with a wash mitt? Do they save you on product or is it about the same?

Evan.J
09-16-2013, 04:09 PM
I use my foam gun as a pre rinse to get any heavy dirty lifted off and then I use my regular 2 bucket method after.

I only use a little bit more soap then with out it. I find it to be a great tool.

Eric@CherryOnTop
09-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Actually makes my wash time longer. I foam the entire car, let it dwell 3-5 minutes, rinse the whole car, then do a standard 2BM.

zmcgovern45
09-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Actually makes my wash time longer. I foam the entire car, let it dwell 3-5 minutes, rinse the whole car, then do a standard 2BM.

^this... And you use more product since you use a few ounces of soap in the cannon plus the amount you need in your bucket.

silverfox
09-16-2013, 05:45 PM
Takes longer, you use more product, and its not a substitute for hand washing.

lucky417
09-16-2013, 05:47 PM
I use the Gilmore foam gun from the hose. Its takes me a long time now to wash my car. About 45 minutes. I spray it down then hose off. Then spray mitt and then start washing the car keeping the foam gun spraying directly in front of the mitt. Do that for each panel. I use two buckets for rinse of the mitt. Dip in bucket one twice squeeze then dip in bucket two squeeze then spray mitt.

Bunky
09-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Definitely longer for me since the extra process and just getting the pw out and then storing it.

MajinAl
09-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Depending on the steps you are taking if cuts time for me in some cases.
Example instead of
Pre soak
Rinse
Iron X
Tar X
Rinse
2BM

I use Iron X soap snow and it does
Iron Remover
Degreaser
and pre soak all in one.

Also depends on how soiled the vehicle is, if its lightly dusted ill just do 2BM

VP Mark
09-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Definitely takes longer. Foam gun then 2bm can take up to 45 minutes and I only do it exclusively for VERY dirty cars with lots of caked on junk. Everything else gets an ONR wash that takes 20 minutes more or less.

feslope
09-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Takes longer, you use more product, and its not a substitute for hand washing.But........Its great fun. :wave:

stilltipping3
09-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Sometimes my car just needs a foam canon wash and im good. I air dry it tho. Also, I use the canon to foam my car up, rinse it, foam it again, use the two bucket method, rinse and foam and clay bar if need be. Then the paint is ready for whatever you need to do.

Calendyr
09-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Those of use who use a foam cannon, does it speed up your wash times? Do the cars get clean or do you still have to wash with a wash mitt? Do they save you on product or is it about the same?

It slows down the wash time. It takes about 10 minutes extra to do the foam coat step for me. Gotta give it a few minutes to work once it's on.

So the reason to do this step is not to save time, you do it to remove semi-bonded dirt of the car before starting to rub the car with mechanical action. In other words, you are making it a lot less likelly to damage the paint while doing the hand wash if this step was done first.

Also, make sure to power rinse the car after the foam coat has had a few minutes to break some of the bonds the dirt has with the paint.

HateSwirls
09-18-2013, 01:37 AM
I use mine to soften up the soil then rinse well with good pressure than foam before I begin my wash for added lube.
Does it make my wash faster?, no but I'm assured that I lessen swirls which is my objective in using a foam cannon.