PDA

View Full Version : maintaining Cquartz after applied?

flatlinerz
09-16-2013, 09:09 AM
hey guys

so the other I applied cquartz and my question is how do I go by maintaining it?

do I just regular washes with 2 buckets and top up with reload and I can use uwww+ in between washes?

thanks

zmcgovern45
09-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Yup, coatings are very easy to maintain - just careful routine washing for the most part.

The coatings are very good at resisting contamination, therefore you shouldn't need to clay... an Iron X treatment every 6-12 months doesn't hurt though.

You can top with Reload if you feel the need.

oldmodman
09-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Reload.

It makes the surface unbelievably slick.

flatlinerz
09-18-2013, 07:12 AM
cool thanks guys

TroyScherer
09-18-2013, 09:10 AM
do I just regular washes with 2 buckets and top up with reload and I can use uwww+ in between washes?

Perfect. 2BM works great for when it is really dirty and UWW+ for spot touch up.

I LOVE Reload. It is slick and give a nice liquid darkening effect on dark paint for me. Another great option is you want to touch your paint even less is Hydro2. Super easy spray on spray off and dry.

Fastmike
09-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Perfect. 2BM works great for when it is really dirty and UWW+ for spot touch up.

I LOVE Reload. It is slick and give a nice liquid darkening effect on dark paint for me. Another great option is you want to touch your paint even less is Hydro2. Super easy spray on spray off and dry.

Why so you say touch your paint less with hydro2 vs Reload? Aren't both WOWA application?

AutowerxDetailing
09-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Why so you say touch your paint less with hydro2 vs Reload? Aren't both WOWA application?

Hydro2 you spray on while the car is wet, then blast with a high pressure stream of water to "activate" and bond the product to the paint. Then, you could blow dry the water beads off for nearly touchless maintenance. Reload is wipe on, wipe off.

TroyScherer
09-19-2013, 08:55 AM

Hydro2 you spray on while the car is wet, then blast with a high pressure stream of water to "activate" and bond the product to the paint. Then, you could blow dry the water beads off for nearly touchless maintenance. Reload is wipe on, wipe off.

^ What Nicholas said.

I also have Master Blaster so for me I spray Hydro2 on, Blast it with a pressure washer, then dry it with my Master Blaster. Thus touching the paint much less.

flatlinerz
09-21-2013, 01:14 AM
thanks guys

with Hydro2 do I need to blow dry the car if I don't have that tool?

Rayner
09-21-2013, 01:57 AM
thanks guys

with Hydro2 do I need to blow dry the car if I don't have that tool?

Not at all. A drying towel will do the same job but they just want to touch the paint as little as physically possible.

you can use whatever you want for drying.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

flatlinerz
09-24-2013, 03:42 AM
Not at all. A drying towel will do the same job but they just want to touch the paint as little as physically possible.

you can use whatever you want for drying.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

great thanks