PDA

View Full Version : Danase LC CCS Pad question

Ceanes
06-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Well I ordered some of these 5 inch pads from Danase. I bought some white, green, orange, and yellow pads. Well I was under the impression that out of these pads white was the softest and yellow the most agressive. Well the weird thing is the green pads feel like sandpaper compared to the yellow pads. The green pads are by far the most aggressive, and just seemed a little odd to me. Just looking if anyone else experienced this.

Thanks
Chuck Eanes

2KLS1
06-15-2007, 03:48 PM
You know I just got mine a few days ago and wondered the same thing. The green pads are suppose to be a heavy polishing pad falling between the white pad and orange light cutting pad. Heck the yellow 4" pad I purchased here at AG doesn't feel as agressive as the green pad, or my 6.5" yellow pad for that matter. But I've read that it can finish down pretty nice so I dunnu. I guess we can always e-mail Bob and make sure. I wish all these manufaturers would agree on a standard and have all the colors mean the same thing no matter who made it.

Al-53
06-15-2007, 04:39 PM
the green foam is a euro foam...it is harder but the yellow is courser...the yellow cuts pretty fast..so careful..the green gets soft as you use it....the green and orange LC pads on AG cost a few dollars more than the others,,it's the type of foam....I believe they are swisstex brand foam...Danase sells them all the same price..must be due to odd size over others...

little info from a site

In September of 2006, this green, German foam was introduced with Closed Cell Structure (CCS) Technology at Automekanica in Frankfurt, Germany. The newer, harder, scratch-resistant clear coats require longer polishing times to remove swirls, spots and defects. The longer you polish with conventional foam pads, the less effective they become because polish migrates below the working surface of the pad. The pad "dries out."

This green pad is designed for applying a final or finishing polish to remove light swirls, paint defects and for gloss restoration. The 99% open cell structure keeps the pad wetter, longer. This pad is also recommended for applying one-step, cleaner/sealants like Klasse All-In-One and Menzerna One-step

AL