PDA

View Full Version : Show Car Glaze

Excessive Detail
06-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey guyz, I posted a thread not to long ago asking about what would be the best wax combo for a black show truck and I had planned on using WG Sealant topped with Soveran, and then I remebered I had a bottle of Megs. Show car glaze, which I think has some pure polish oils in it and I was wondering if there is any point to using that with the WG and Pinn combo, and if so should I put it on last or before the Soveran? What do you guyz think?
I will be posting pics after tommorrow of the truck.

orngez
06-15-2007, 02:36 PM
the megs show car glaze is great stuff...doesnt last long at all but i dont think that matters in your scenario...if you use the glaze no need to use the wg sealant...just do whatever prep you are going to do and top with #7 then souveran...

sneek
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Show Car Glaze is a nice product. I think M03 or M81 are better but thats just my oppinion. Why not try do a test spot with it and a test spot without, and see if you can see a difference

Truls
06-15-2007, 03:07 PM
I did not notice any big difference with MG7/Pinnacle LS on my car.

Do as Sneek says and try a test spot

jfsully
06-15-2007, 04:09 PM
To me the interesting thing about #7 is the fact that it can be used either under a LSP or over to get an additional wet look.

If used over a LSP there is NO durability but it does look great for a short period for car shows.

Al-53
06-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Most show guys put it on just before the show..it looks much wetter on the surface than being covered...sorta like the old pledge trick...gloss it up right before the show..try a spot both ways...see what appeals to you or the owner

AL

supercharged
06-15-2007, 05:17 PM
ClearKote RMG+Souveran paste = killer wet combo on black!!!!:righton: :righton: :righton:

BILL
06-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Most show guys put it on just before the show..it looks much wetter on the surface than being covered...sorta like the old pledge trick...gloss it up right before the show..try a spot both ways...see what appeals to you or the owner

AL

AL..... That's the show car glaze 7 ?? and it just dissipates after few days?

Al-53
06-15-2007, 05:30 PM
AL..... That's the show car glaze?? and it just dissipates after few days?

yes..show car glaze...its gone in a few days at most...and do it on cool paint in the shade..lol...stuff is very tempermental in warm weather...can stick like glue

AL

BILL
06-15-2007, 05:32 PM
;) Thanks AL....

dengood1
06-15-2007, 09:01 PM
yes..show car glaze...its gone in a few days at most...and do it on cool paint in the shade..lol...stuff is very tempermental in warm weather...can stick like glue

AL

That's what happened to me the last time I used it:mad: It was a bioch to remove-----but that was pre-PC;)

Excessive Detail
06-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for all the advice guyz, I'm gonna do some test combos, I let ya know what I decided on and take some pics.

Reddwarf
06-15-2007, 09:25 PM
ClearKote RMG+Souveran paste = killer wet combo on black!!!!:righton: :righton: :righton:

:iagree:

BILL
06-16-2007, 07:25 AM
That's what happened to me the last time I used it:mad: It was a bioch to remove-----but that was pre-PC;)

Maybe it has to be applied in smaller sections and it does say don't let it dry.....

joe.p
06-16-2007, 07:52 AM
dengood1..irrc the directions on the bottle say to WOWO...if left to set up it is a bioch to remove ;)