PDA

View Full Version : First Detail Ever! But did I do it right?

Hokboyc22
09-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Hey guys. Newbie here and I just did my first ever detail! It was on my 2 month old Black 2013 Range Rover Sport.
I did some reading and lots of YouTube watching the last few weeks and stubbled upon CG. So that what I used. All CG products. Again.. Im new so it was one hell of an order shipped to me. Towels, products, tools. Everything but the hose and power washer. Well this is how I did it and what I used. Any input or suggestions are welcome!

Used Homelight 2500 psi w/ 40 tip from Home Depot and rinsed it. First I cleaned the wheels w CGs Diablo and Orange Degreaser.
Then used my CG Foam Lance with mixture of Honeydew/Bug & Tar/ Glossworkz shampoos. Layed it on thick and let it sit for a few and used my Microfiber Chenille washmitt to give it a good scrub and then rinsed and used a microfiber waffle weave towel to dry real good. I then used CGs lube & Clay Block On the whole car except for plastic parts. This system seemed easier than the traditional clay bars. It did a good job but wasn't super impressed. Then I used CGs Glassworkz Glaze on all paint, let it dry and rubbed it off. Then repeated the process with CGs Jet Seal 109 (did the rims and windows too) And repeated again with CGs Butter Wet Wax just on the paint. I used that wax because it seemed easier than paste wax. Finished the tires with CGs tire and trim gel. Then CGs VRP on plastic trim.

Also I should note that I didn't rinse car I between steps. Wasn't sure if I should.
I must say.... Wow it's smooth to the touch! I felt my wife's Rover after I was done and hers feels like sand paper! Guess I have to do hers soon!

Anything I should do different? Any tips or different products?

jamesboyy
09-15-2013, 12:59 AM
I cant complain you did a perfect detail from the way you explained just try tradtional clay next time and chemical guys product was a good choice keep on detailing

cleanmycorolla
09-15-2013, 01:15 AM
You used Glassworkz? That's for glass. Did you mean Glossworkz Glaze? I sure hope so....

You don't own a polisher? You're not worried about swirls and scratches?

hernandez.art13
09-15-2013, 03:31 AM
Good job, keep learning practicing and you can only improve from here. Stick around and you'll see it will become a never ending process.

Or as others call it "OCD"

Like I said, good job and keep it up! :)

Art

mwoolfso
09-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Hey guys. Newbie here and I just did my first ever detail! It was on my 2 month old Black 2013 Range Rover Sport.
I did some reading and lots of YouTube watching the last few weeks and stubbled upon CG. So that what I used. All CG products. Again.. Im new so it was one hell of an order shipped to me. Towels, products, tools. Everything but the hose and power washer. Well this is how I did it and what I used. Any input or suggestions are welcome!

Used Homelight 2500 psi w/ 40 tip from Home Depot and rinsed it. First I cleaned the wheels w CGs Diablo and Orange Degreaser.
Then used my CG Foam Lance with mixture of Honeydew/Bug & Tar/ Glossworkz shampoos. Layed it on thick and let it sit for a few and used my Microfiber Chenille washmitt to give it a good scrub and then rinsed and used a microfiber waffle weave towel to dry real good. I then used CGs lube & Clay Block On the whole car except for plastic parts. This system seemed easier than the traditional clay bars. It did a good job but wasn't super impressed. Then I used CGs Glassworkz Glaze on all paint, let it dry and rubbed it off. Then repeated the process with CGs Jet Seal 109 (did the rims and windows too) And repeated again with CGs Butter Wet Wax just on the paint. I used that wax because it seemed easier than paste wax. Finished the tires with CGs tire and trim gel. Then CGs VRP on plastic trim.

Also I should note that I didn't rinse car I between steps. Wasn't sure if I should.
I must say.... Wow it's smooth to the touch! I felt my wife's Rover after I was done and hers feels like sand paper! Guess I have to do hers soon!

Anything I should do different? Any tips or different products?

Nice job. Any pics????

The only thing I "may" do different is on the initial foaming pass, depending on how dirty the vehicle is I will rinse off the foam completely and THEN do a traditional 2-bucket wash with a Chenille Mitt. It may be an extra step but you just don't know sometimes what the foam picked up from the car.... so why spread it across the paint.