PDA

View Full Version : Poly clay vs. regular clay vs. clayblock

Alpha123
09-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Looking to clay and seal my brand new highlander.

Is there really much difference between say a Wolfgang poly clay vs. maguiars vs. chemical brothers (or other brands) clayblock?

The clayblock seems too good to be true. Faster, easier to handle and lower maintenance and costs about the same?

Matt-erhorn
09-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Honestly I just bought the Nanoskin Wash Mitt which is basically the clay block your talking about, and it's phenomenal. It's at least twice as fast as claying and is easier to use, only downside is not being able to see all the stuff you pull off.

swanicyouth
09-14-2013, 06:44 PM
I have the CG's Clayblock. I love it. It's not too good to be true.

dooyaunastan
09-14-2013, 07:21 PM
+1 on the Nanoskin Wash Mitt, eager to try out one of the cheaper alternatives when this thing wears out (which at my rate is going to be a while), but it was definitely worth it compared to standard claying.

silverfox
09-14-2013, 08:07 PM
I agree the new clay alternatives are faster. I don't agree at all that they do a better job than clay.

I have yet to find any clay alternative that is as effective as the real thing. I don't do production work so speed is of no consideration for me in this case.

I've tried several clay alternatives and in every test I've ever done I can always remove contaminants with clay after the clay alternatives were used.

parttimer
09-14-2013, 08:11 PM
I just used the speed prep towel. Man that thing is amazing.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Hokboyc22
09-14-2013, 09:52 PM
Im a newbie. I've always taken care of my cars...but never knew enough until very recently. I didn't even kno what clay was! But...
I did my first ever clay today on my 2 month old 2013 range rover sport. I used CG luber & clay block system. If u haven't seen it.... It's a sponge with a textured side that does the "claying" it did ok. Wasn't super impressed. But then again I have never done this. So I'm not sure what the standard is. I play on getting a regular clay bar and trying that next time.