PDA

View Full Version : Polish under a sealant?

nubaseal
09-14-2013, 02:49 PM
So I plan to use Duragloss 105 yet again as the LSP. I was wondering if I can use the polishes lying around like Autoglym Super Resin Polish or Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish to cleanse the paint before applying the sealant or get some non oily polishes instead so that the sealant can bond properly?

Most of these polishes I own are oily and have fillers - Meg's UP, AG SRP, BH Cleanser Polish. I am not worried about reducing the durability of the sealant alone but whether the sealant will remove the polish/fillers? Thing is, if I am using a filler heavy polish; it allows me to cheat and not peform any correction as I don't own a machine. So, i'd like the fillers to stay. It is also good for the arms.

Do these polishes have any place under polymer sealants or are they redundant?

Lowejackson
09-14-2013, 03:53 PM
I have not tried the Duragloss with SRP but I have used various waxes and sealants over SRP without any issues. Maybe some of the LSP which are very heavy with solvents might cause a problem. The trick seems to be to let SRP cure for as long as possible before using anything else. Just as an aside, SRP can be layered if you wish by letting the previous layer cure for at lest an hour.

nubaseal
09-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Thanks Lowejackson. For the Duragloss users, do you ever use any polish, glaze or AIO under DG 105/501?