PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Sealants clay or not?

loki993
09-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Ok so I bought my car literally off the showroom floor. Because it was in the showroom they did a few things to it, the main thing being applying a paint and interior sealant to it. I didn't pay for it....

I'm trying to research it but I can't find anything on it. they say the paints covered for 5 years against fading, acid rain tree sap etc etc.

Its called sentry guard Owner Shield paint protection. I'm just wondering if anything knows anything about it

can I or should I clay a car with it on there, don't want to strip it off I don't think and do I need to be careful about putting anything over top of it?

Kacz
09-14-2013, 04:25 PM
This is probably just like Cilajet.

The thing with Cilajet is, yes its a sealant, but no it wont last 5-10 years. Its the warranty and multiple applications that you pay for. Is it worth it for the money? No way, but I do have a bottle of it at my house right now to do some more testing. (GF is in charge of an autogroup).

Did you get a warranty? It can very easily be voided.

One of the things with Cilajet is that they don't allow you to layer anything on top of it.

Its nothing special as far as the product goes.

loki993
09-14-2013, 11:46 PM
I didn't think it would last that long, I figured 5 years was fairly optimistic...but if its on there I don't see a reason to take it off if I don't have to.....the protections shouldnt hurt....

I didn't pay for it, it was on the car when I got it because it was in the showroom and they put stuff on them because people will be around them and things like that. I basically got it for free.

Yes there is a warranty, 5 years against weather damage like fading chalking loss of gloss or acid rain , birds and tree sap.

It says it can be voided by paint damage cause by applications of paste wax or paraffin products.

I mean I don't want to strip it off if I don't have to. I was going to clay the car, put a sealant on it and wax it like you do with a new car. Now I'm wondering if I should just skip the clay and just seal and wax it...or even just wax it.....

cleanmycorolla
09-15-2013, 01:19 AM
Lol that stuff prob won't last five months let alone five years. If I were you I'd strip that crap off the car, it's worthless. Take that junk off your nice new car and treat her right! You can use Duragloss products for a fraction of its price and get better results. The only redeeming thing to having that on your car is you didn't request it or pay for it.

So yeah strip that stuff off!

Dogfather
09-15-2013, 01:45 AM
In a way, you did pay for it, but you shouldn't let that stop you from having fun. Frig the warranty.

loki993
09-15-2013, 04:43 PM
the warranty is nice but I'm more concerned about the protection....

I just wanted o know if it was like ones of those permanent sealants like second skin or opti coat

cleanmycorolla
09-15-2013, 05:41 PM
the warranty is nice but I'm more concerned about the protection....

I just wanted o know if it was like ones of those permanent sealants like second skin or opti coat

It is absolutely not like any of the coatings you'll find here. It's just a generic sealant, nothing special.

Kacz
09-15-2013, 05:49 PM
I just asked her about Cilajet and I was wrong...you CAN layer it with a wax. So, I'm guessing you can layer your product as well.

I'm not too sure about your product, but Cilajet has to be reapplied over the course of the warranty....

....so without me speculating and making wrong statements (like I already have :(), you should ask your dealer.

Here's what it looks like...

http://i41.tinypic.com/eaipo0.jpg

hernandez.art13
09-15-2013, 06:47 PM

:)

hernandez.art13
09-15-2013, 06:57 PM
http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/detailing-product-reviews/29854-cilajet-sealant.html