PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a good Paint job?

chaoscontrol
06-15-2007, 02:10 AM
I live in temecula california and I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a good bodyshop that can completely repaint a '96 civic for around 3,000 and do a good job. One side was done already by a friend and it cam out fogy and now even the paint is comming off, so I am looking for a shop to repaint the entire car. Anyone knows a good one or a good one in the area?

ScottB
06-15-2007, 06:22 AM
best bet ... visit a local car show and ask the custom painted cars who did the paint. Never use Maaco !

timaishu
10-31-2011, 09:00 PM
Or Earl Scheib.

I had my old car painted there before I knew any better. What a waste of 300 bucks lol.

C. Charles Hahn
10-31-2011, 10:29 PM
I live in temecula california and I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a good bodyshop that can completely repaint a '96 civic for around 3,000 and do a good job. One side was done already by a friend and it cam out fogy and now even the paint is comming off, so I am looking for a shop to repaint the entire car. Anyone knows a good one or a good one in the area?

With a $3000 budget, especially in Cali, you're probably going to get a marginal job at best honestly.

Best way you can save yourself money is to do as much of the prep work yourself as possible.

storm100
11-01-2011, 12:31 AM

TCH Custom painting. Ask for Gil Anchando.
42387 Avenida Alvarado, Suite #107 in Temecula. (951) 765-7443. He does some awesome stuff. Not sure what he would charge but it will be worth it. Right now he's at SEMA so you might need to wait until next week.

yakky
11-01-2011, 01:42 PM
The price of paint jobs has gone out of control. I can understand several thousand for a paint job where the car is literally taken apart as well as repairing body damage. But lots of shops do just slightly better than maaco and charge thousands.

What is crazy is how body shops are starting to work like doctors and dentists. If insurance is paying, its one (low) price. If someone is paying out of pocket, its so much more expensive.

dtuna42
11-01-2011, 02:55 PM
The price of paint jobs has gone out of control. I can understand several thousand for a paint job where the car is literally taken apart as well as repairing body damage. But lots of shops do just slightly better than maaco and charge thousands.

What is crazy is how body shops are starting to work like doctors and dentists. If insurance is paying, its one (low) price. If someone is paying out of pocket, its so much more expensive.

:iagree:

timaishu
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM
:iagree: Ive seen threads on various threads on forums where someone gets a 3-4k paint job and the clear starts peeling after about a year because the shop didnt remove any of the panels.

SubieTrav
11-01-2011, 08:34 PM
With those prices, I see why Rustoleum $50 paint jobs are becoming so popular on youtube.

Lowejackson
11-03-2011, 07:07 AM
......Best way you can save yourself money is to do as much of the prep work yourself as possible.

This can really save a lot of money. Removing trim is not hard but very time consuming and it gives you a chance to spend hours polishing the trim from the warmth and comfort of your home. You could probably save a bit more money if you have a DA by sanding/flattening the paint work

The only thing I would also suggest is to inspect the finished cars at the paintshop to see what the standard of work really looks like