PDA

View Full Version : Which Sealant is Easiest to Use?

Pages : [1] 2 3

onelovelyzee
09-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to purchase sealant that isn't too hard to use. I've tried using Klasse and I wasn't able to get the results I wanted probably because of my technique.

Is there a sealant that is easier to use that Klasse?
What's the proper step by step usage of Klasse Sealant?

Wheelzntoys
09-12-2013, 08:21 PM
11 min sealant ... BF Crystal Seal, there a few others

runrun411
09-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Wgdgps

SON1C
09-12-2013, 08:22 PM
bfwdps is a top notch sealant and very easy to use, wgdgps is great, 4*, powerlock

Eandras
09-12-2013, 08:23 PM
McGuire's Ultimate Wax
Collinite 845
Pinnacle Souveran

All are easy to work with.

But remember Thin is in

Ed

Wheelzntoys
09-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Hydro2

SON1C
09-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Hydro2

^^

swanicyouth
09-12-2013, 08:38 PM
WOWA sealants are super easy, as you just spray them and spread them on the panel - no buffing off. Sometime on a dark car, you can get some high spots so you likely will have to do a little buffing.

Sealants like Powerlock, BFWD, and Wolfgang DGPS are as easy to buff off as moving a towel over the surface - provided you use sparingly. They also last a long time.

Probably the easiest sealant I've ever used is Dodo's Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer. Its a spray sealant with real durability (a couple of months). You can apply it once a month or so and its really all you need. Just spray on clean paint, spread out, and it disappears. It leaves a gorgeous shine. NanoSkin Hydro Express is similar.

The newest stuff is CarPro's Hydro2. You just spray it on a wet car and rinse. Of course it costs more and you have to be careful on dark cars and using it in the sun.

Corey@OptimalDetailing
09-12-2013, 08:49 PM
I recently used my WGDGPS for the first time and I can say it was the easiest sealant I have used. Applied easy, thin, and consistent. Removal was super easy as well.

Can't wait to try PowerLock before too long.

allenk4
09-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is very easy to use and has what I would call a "Sharp" shine on my black paint

Just got my Permanon Platimum sample in the mail today. From what I have read...it is not nearly as easy to apply; especially on black cars.

lyodbraun
09-12-2013, 09:14 PM
Another vote for Wolfgang sealant easy on and off, but I recently found polish angel master sealant and its one of the easiest I've used as well and gives an outstanding shine ... Lots of brands out there that will work great and are easy to use...

sharpreflection
09-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I have not used wolfgang but I have used Meguiars ultimate wax and it is very easy as far as application and ease of removal.

Superman0440
09-12-2013, 09:18 PM
I like BFWD over Wolfgang

ClayR
09-12-2013, 09:21 PM
The proper usage of Klasse, use the all in one first. It is really a surface cleaner getting you ready for the Klasse Sealant. I prefer to apply KAIO with a DA, white or green pad. Wipe off residue. Then Klasse Sealant by hand using a microfiber covered sponge. Let it sit for an hour. Then use a detail spray (I've been using Meguair's 34) watered down by at least half and add two to three ounces of Klasse Sealant to the mix. Spray directly on the now hardened coating and wipe off with a microfiber cloth. Easy. You can wait 12 hours to apply another layer. If you apply 3 layers you will get a magical shine but it is not needed. Klasse is far from the easiest to apply but it is tough stuff that lasts. Although compared to wax it is fairly easy in that you don't have to worry about trim plastics or rubber "staining". I've also found making a diluted spray very effective for applying on plastics that you would never think of applying protectant like wheel wells. It's wonderful stuff but not the easiest.

Sunshyne
09-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Wolf Gang or Ultima Paint Guard Plus. I use both and love the ease of it