PDA

View Full Version : Best/safest method for ...

Lexi65
09-12-2013, 04:21 PM
cleaning vehicle nav screen. Believe that certain chemicals
can damage (over time) the screen, etc. very expensive
to replace! Feed back please

CDot
09-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Grab some electronic screen cleaning fluid; you can get it from most big box & office products store. They should be alcohol/ammonia free.

swanicyouth
09-12-2013, 05:04 PM
I have found one product that really excels at this. Its Griot's Plastic Cleaner. Its not a deep plastic cleaner or anything harsh, its made for interior plastics like screens and instruments. Its kind of like using a waterless wash for plastic, as it gives that slick feel when it dries. Its also great to clean you glasses and IPhone screen.

Another thing the works well if there is just dust and no dirt is a CarPro Fast Glass towel with DI water on it. No streaks there.

KillaCam
09-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Is it an LCD type screen or plastic? Ipa works great on LCD screens. For plastic try ONR.

Circa40
09-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Plexus

Setec Astronomy
09-13-2013, 07:21 AM
I use my Meguiar's QID. Although I'm still on my bottle of the first version that doesn't have the additional UV protection, don't know if that effects streaking, etc.

HateSwirls
09-13-2013, 01:58 PM
I bought a bottle of cleaner made for LCD TV's at Wal-Mart for $4.00.
It's safe and works for me well.
The brand I bought was Endust but there's so many to choose from.

Mazda.Mark
09-13-2013, 02:03 PM
Damp MF and follow it with Window cleaning MF. What I use on mine. No streaks.

SR99
09-13-2013, 03:12 PM
I've used both 1Z Einzett Cockpit premium
1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner , dashboard cleaner, cockpit cleaner, 1Z einsett, einzett (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-cockpit-premium.html)
and Prima Clarity
Prima Clarity Glass & Plastic Cleaner, window cleaner, auto glass cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/prima-clarity-glass-cleaner.html)

and they both can be used more broadly on interiors, while the Clarity can also be used on glass. The Einzett explicitly says on the label it can be used for nav and audio screens whereas the Clarity just says all interior plastics including window film. If it matters to you, Clarity has no alcohol or ammonia, whereas the Einzett has alcohol.

Lexi65
09-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Thanks to all!