PDA

View Full Version : Bissel Little Green Machine

Pages : [1] 2

KMG
09-11-2013, 03:30 PM
I have been looking at a lot of the posts about the different small Bissel carpet cleaners. Walmart has the just the regular Little Green Machine for about $80. So my question is do you guys have the ProHeat version, or just the regular LGM version. From the reading I have been doing it don't sound like the ProHeat version really heats the water up anyways, so is it worth the extra money for the proheat version or will the regular one be fine. Here is the one I am looking at.

Bissell Little Green Portable Deep Cleaner, 14007 - Walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bissell-Little-Green-Portable-Deep-Cleaner-14007/9863572)

Logan Powers
09-11-2013, 04:05 PM
I can assure you my great machine with the pro heat gets the water very hot. Like the carpet steaming hot.

I have burnt my hand to many times to count.

jamesboyy
09-11-2013, 04:06 PM
both does the same job just one heats the other dont really if you want the water hot or near hot just put that type of water in i have the regualr one you are talking about and it works great with or without hot water just my eight cents

Christopher.Brown
09-11-2013, 04:25 PM
+1 pro heat

Klasse Act
09-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Target has the BLGM cheaper online, I just got one.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

KMG
09-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Target has the BLGM cheaper online, I just got one.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

it is 89.99 on targets website, and 80.99 on walmart. so it is actually cheaper at walmart.

I actually wanted to get the Bissel Autocare Proheat from Bed, Bath, & Beyond but they are out of stock on line. I have a few people asking about doing their interiors that have stains in the carpet and seats, and kind of want to get something soon.

It seems like the heat really isn't all that big of a deal, if I use really hot water right out of the sink? I am also looking at possibly getting a steamer, so I could always use that also if I needed to.

Thanks guys

Logan Powers
09-11-2013, 08:05 PM
I think the hot water helps immensely. I pre treat the area, then just douse the area In hot water. The pro heat will take water from cold to extremely hot. It gets to be a pain to run back and forth to the sink and wait for hot water then go back. Then if you let it sit, it cools down fast!

02whitetundra
09-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Whats the difference between the little green pro heat and the Auto care pro heat? Both seem the same.

KMG
09-11-2013, 08:13 PM
okay so the proheat is the way to go then? I will do some checking around to see where I can get the autocare unit the cheapest probably.

Jpatchley
09-11-2013, 09:02 PM

Is this the proheat you're talking about?

mswerb
09-11-2013, 09:44 PM
I have the LGM and it works just fine. I put VERY HOT water in it and it seems to do the job just fine. I got mine at Kohl's for $70 on sale a few years back. The only complaint I have is that the hose could be just a bit longer.

KillaCam
09-11-2013, 10:51 PM
I have the auto care and I like it. The only thing that I hate is it won't heat the water unless the unit is running. So in order to keep the water heated you have to leave it running and it's loud.

BradsDetailing
09-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Check craigslist

Calendyr
09-12-2013, 12:25 AM
it is 89.99 on targets website, and 80.99 on walmart. so it is actually cheaper at walmart.

I actually wanted to get the Bissel Autocare Proheat from Bed, Bath, & Beyond but they are out of stock on line. I have a few people asking about doing their interiors that have stains in the carpet and seats, and kind of want to get something soon.

It seems like the heat really isn't all that big of a deal, if I use really hot water right out of the sink? I am also looking at possibly getting a steamer, so I could always use that also if I needed to.

Thanks guys

From what I have read, the pro heat version will increase water temperature by about 10 degres. So if you start with very hot water, it will make it just a little bit hotter. Given the choice, I would go with the pro heat, what's a few dollars. Professionnal extractors are 6 times or more the price of the Bissell machines.

Calendyr
09-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Have any of you tried putting boiling hot water in the tank? I am afraid to do so because I don't know how the plastic will react. So I usually just use hot tap water.