PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

Pages : [1] 2

Strokin04
06-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I am wanting to get the Nintendo Wii and can't find it anywhere in the OKC, Oklahoma area. Does anyone know of a good place online to buy one for a decent price? Also what does everyone think of the new system? Most people I talk to says it is enjoyable for the whole family to play. Thank you in advance for all help and comments.

ltoman
06-14-2007, 09:34 PM
i will ask my son - he is video game master! hee hee
did you try ebay?

CalgaryDetail
06-14-2007, 09:52 PM
my brother just got one. He could not for the life of him find one in stock, so he turned to e-bay. he was happy with everything and paid abut 20 bucks more then in store... but he did get one

r_wain
06-15-2007, 12:40 AM
They are everywhere around here...and they are fun. You gotta get the Wii sports with bowling, golf, tennis, baseball, and boxing...the bowling game is sick.

OCDetails
06-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I love my Wii. I traded a laptop that I probably couldn't have sold for $300 bucks back in November. It is an absolute blast. I love that it has WiFi in it too. I spend more time playing on wiicade.com than I do on my sports games that I have. The two games that are absolutely essential for this system is Wii Sports and Wii Play. The other games are nice and all, but these are the two that are really going to show you what the Wii is made for. If you want a nice shooter game or car racing game, then get an Xbox 360 or a PS3. If you want some truely physical fun then the Wii is the system you want. The graphics aren't going to win any awards, but the experience is somthing that Sony and Microsoft can't touch.

tod071
06-15-2007, 04:39 AM
Being stuck on a rock in the middle of the Pacific, there was not much I could do but pay for an overpriced Wii and outrageous shipping. Ended up going the eBay route paying $380 in March (I actually HAD to because the wife wanted it for her anniversary gift) and have no regrets. I would pay the same amount if I had to do it all over again. Why? Because stores here are still out of stock. Wal-Mart tells me to just come in or call everyday for a status update. Toy-r-us tells me the same.

Plus, at $380...I HAVE ONE!!! The people that choose not to pay the premium, well, they don't have one!!! What I'm trying to say is...just go on eBay and get one :D

Strokin04
06-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Thank you everyone for the responses and I ended up going the ebay route. I got a Wii plus an extra game (Sonic) and the component cable for 315 dollars shipped. Now I need to go get Wii Play and Tiger Woods 2007.

ScottB
06-15-2007, 06:18 AM
I was gonna offer Amazon , had the PS3 when no one else did and at no markup. Even provided no tax and no shipping !

Al-53
06-15-2007, 06:35 AM
My son has Wii and PS3 and he loves the Wii...it is the interactive play that he likes....I tried it a few times with the golf and baseball..very cool...

they are every where here also..I was at 2 places the other day looking for a game for my PSP and they were stocked with them..wal mart had a full case full of them ...and all the accessories..get an extra controller if you get one..makes it easier

AL

justin_murphy
06-15-2007, 06:47 AM
I've had the Wii since the first week it came out........LOVE IT!!!

All of my family plays it plus you can download about 35 retro games now. Plays all of my Game Cube games as well. Meghan has one too and loves it!

tod071
06-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Just remember to USE THE WRIST STRAP!!! I haven't thrown the remote at the TV yet, but have run into the coffee table while playing bowling. Just be careful and tie down ;)

Enjoy!

Racin10s
06-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Good advice. I got the Wii when it first came out as well... Only my son plays it more then I do... I got the PS3 for myself and love them both.

klumzypinoy
06-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Thank you everyone for the responses and I ended up going the ebay route. I got a Wii plus an extra game (Sonic) and the component cable for 315 dollars shipped. Now I need to go get Wii Play and Tiger Woods 2007.

I got bored with Wii Play, but getting a controller AND a game for the price of JUST a controller is actually fine with me :).

PhaRO
06-17-2007, 11:17 PM
We pre ordered it and got it on day one. My wife and I played it a few times. The kids play it some but it doesn't get the play that the DS gets. I'm glad I got it at retail price. If I had paid a premium for it early on I'd be kicking myself now.

klumzypinoy
06-17-2007, 11:25 PM
We pre ordered it and got it on day one. My wife and I played it a few times. The kids play it some but it doesn't get the play that the DS gets. I'm glad I got it at retail price. If I had paid a premium for it early on I'd be kicking myself now.

I'm always on my DS compared to my PS2 :D