PDA

View Full Version : the lawnmower man

guidosrx8
06-14-2007, 09:05 PM
so every thursday the "lawnmower man" as my family calls him comes to our house and mows our front lawn...(actually our neighbors but our front yards are connected) I just quick detailed my car with the crystal mist as it was warming up... I then backed out of the garage...rolled my windows down, put the sunroof up and turned up the music (it was a bight sunny warn day). as I started to close the garage, the Mower Man pulled out the leaf blower and blew a load of dust leaves and sand RIGHT AT MY CAR!!!!!!!!:mad:

he looked at me with this :confused: um I'm sorry look......I was not a happy camper...it was like nails on a chalkboard hearing all the stuff hit my paint...it came through the window got on my seats floor and even me....I don't mean to sound so angry but I was just a little on the edgy side after that...

oh... I didn't say anything or get mad at him...I just kinda stared at him and drove off....haha not a great way to start the day....

sorry for the speech

ltoman
06-14-2007, 09:36 PM
sometimes you just gotta vent!! we understand. a long as your paint is ok, no harm done. Imagine how the guy feels who did it - probably pretty dumb at least, you know?

richy
06-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Wait until it snows in the winter and then go over a gravel portion with your snowblower pointed at him..that'll fix his wagon!!

Nimble
06-14-2007, 09:48 PM
lol i read the title and thought you meant the old school movie the "lawnmower man." that was a sweet flick. ;)

Nica
06-14-2007, 11:19 PM
mmmm...cant say I know the feeling but I feel for you and your car....I'm sure the look on your face said it all to your neighbor though....at least you didn't blow up on the poor guy ;)

Let it out buddy, let it out :grouphug:

AUdakota
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
dont feel bad all the grass down south is too dry to worry about cutting.

Jay Laub
06-14-2007, 11:56 PM
about a month ago that happened to my aunts car about 4 hours after i hand waxed it with P21S, i was ready to kill the guy.

bossboy
06-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Shovel some gravel onto the lawn. When he cuts it in the spring, he will have a nice surprise :D hahaha wow thats mean. Don't do that.

But if you do....make sure your car is nowhere near it! Can you say flying rocks?

guidosrx8
06-15-2007, 01:54 AM
haha thanks for the advice bossboy!!!! haha... jk.... the guy is really nice. you know the kind you can't say anything bad about. and I would feel bad getting on his case...

yeah the old movie lawnmower man is really cool.... pretty trippy. haha

RICHY-- it doesn's snow in Southern California....haha we get east winds... that will dust a car up quick and it gets hot and DRYYY....

Jay--- man I feel for you...about a week ago the car was fully detailed in and out and topped with souveran.... :(

thanks for the kind words everyone....my REAL family didn't understand my pain in my heart.... I should trade them in for you guys....or sell them on Ebay. haha jk

Gnarboots11
06-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Ya those Santa Ana winds suck! But hey, atleast there's no salted slush on the roads to destroy your paint. I feel your pain man, just last week I did a full detail on my wife's brand new car then we drove to a friends house to watch the Soprano's Finale and parked it on the street. The neighbors are currently doing their front yard landscaping and apparently their sprinklers are all out of wack. They went off and completely sprinkled the entire car. I walked out after the Sopranos and almost cried. Those sprinklers hit me way harder than the Sopranos Finale. Anyways, I hurried home and had to break out the Pinnacle Crystal Mist and go over the whole car Sunday Night, turned out OK in the end. It sucks man, it's like the whole world is out to get us, and we have to avoid all the obstacles. THE WORLD IS AN OBSTACLE COURSE!!

trhland
06-15-2007, 11:30 AM
as a landscaper im affended:( :( :D

guidosrx8
06-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Gnarboots--wow that sucks... I recently detailed my mom's RSX and the neighbors turned the sprinklers on... so I know about the water spots...
and the Santa Ana winds....can't say enough bad things about them....oh you know we are actually really close... I'm in Ventura.... :D you have tommys. i love Tommy burgers. haha

oh trhland... haha no need to be offended. I'm sure you don't aim leafblowers at recently detailed cars ahah...oh and on your sig it says your daughter was born 8/23/06....congrats!!!! my birthday is 8/23 as well... :D