PDA

View Full Version : couple of questions on products

Bill1234
09-10-2013, 05:46 PM
I have been detailing for about 5 years now. I have a good amount of products and things that I always need to have. Most of my friends have suvs and crossovers. I have questions on a couple of products.

1. Is the big daytona wheel brush good for "bigger" rims
2. is the nanoskin pad or mitt piece better than clay?
3. for details that require a bit more work, how do you be efficient, I did a jeep wrangler in about 4 hours, how do you stay efficient in your work time ?

Evan.J
09-10-2013, 05:58 PM
I have been detailing for about 5 years now. I have a good amount of products and things that I always need to have. Most of my friends have suvs and crossovers. I have questions on a couple of products.

1. Is the big daytona wheel brush good for "bigger" rims
2. is the nanoskin pad or mitt piece better than clay?
3. for details that require a bit more work, how do you be efficient, I did a jeep wrangler in about 4 hours, how do you stay efficient in your work time ?

I love the Daytona speed brush but also like the wheel woolies for big wheels.

The pads and the mitts speed up the claying process greatly.

Well I try not to speed and rush but use my time wisely but 4 hours doesn't seem bad. What did you do?

Corey@OptimalDetailing
09-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Get the standard Daytona wheel brush. I really like my Daytona, but I got a JUNIOR wheel brush in a kit and will be purchasing a standard size brush shortly.

spiralout462
09-10-2013, 06:06 PM
I only use the bigger Daytona on wheels. The small one is reserved for engine bays. I'm really replying because I'm interested in the answers to your questions.

Pureshine
09-10-2013, 06:07 PM
The wash mitt is the best product I have bought in a long time. It payed for it self after 4 uses.
For staying focus will working two things doing the right and $$$.

Bill1234
09-10-2013, 06:09 PM
the jeep I did, I did everything in 4 hours, no engine bay. I was stressed as I was running around every where and working hard. Ill try the nanoskin pad, maybe get the bigger daytona

Evan.J
09-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Bill you will impressed at the how well the clay replacements work and how much time they save

MawiPR
09-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Well I first of all hi im a noob on detailing and I purchased the both the speed brush Jr. And the large one and they work awesome reach the whole wheel barrel of my Scion xB 2012 the small one is kinda harder on the nylon hairs but its great to use on the calipers if the big o e doesn't fot well allso a quick reminder the large one is a little more soft touch to it but it still work extremely well. Sorry for my english hope this helps a little like people here help me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online

Setec Astronomy
09-10-2013, 06:57 PM
I have been detailing for about 5 years now.

Wow, really? It doesn't seem that long. Time flies.

I think maybe you need to be telling US how to stay efficient, not many on this forum can do a full detail on a Jeep in only 4 hours. C'mon Bill, tell us your secrets that you've learned over the last 5 years.

Bill1234
09-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I usually try to have everything out when the car shows up since my supplies are in my garage. I try to work as hard as I can for the period of time and just do my best

Setec Astronomy
09-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the tips, Bill.

MawiPR
09-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Well I first of all hi im a noob on detailing and I purchased the both the speed brush Jr. And the large one and they work awesome reach the whole wheel barrel of my Scion xB 2012 the small one is kinda harder on the nylon hairs but its great to use on the calipers if the big o e doesn't fot well allso a quick reminder the large one is a little more soft touch to it but it still work extremely well. Sorry for my english hope this helps a little like people here help me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online

Not help at all i see lol