PDA

View Full Version : How to acknowledge the anniversary of 9/11 ?

GenesisCoupe
09-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Long story short, my current workplace just opened up a month ago, was built from the ground up, and is still in completion.

Management has decided to find a way to acknowledge the anniversary of 9/11, however our pole and flag has still not been installed/delivered.

Any thoughts?

TopThatDetail
09-10-2013, 11:48 AM
You could have a moment of silence or do something in your community(volunteer work)

GenesisCoupe
09-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I came up with donating a dollar for each "like" on our community's FaceBook page. The donation would be to a 9/11 related charity or organization.

Bringing sweets to the local close by fire department was another thought.

Desertnate
09-10-2013, 01:31 PM
If you want to display a flag, it can be done properly on a wall or on an entranceway/overhang etc. Just be sure to hang it the right way. There are guides out there.

In addition to the ideas already mentioned, there are donations to groups like the Wounded Warrior Foundation or those that build/send care packages to deployed military personnel.

Flash Gordon
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
At 9:11am you should let everyone take an 8 hour lunch....give them time to spend with their families

:)

Pontiac G8
09-10-2013, 03:00 PM
As mentioned, wounded warrior foundation or military care packages are a great choice. If you prefer local have a couple pizzas and salads delivered to the Fire Department.

Last year everyone I work with donated a few dollars and purchased some 'Wounded Marine Packages' (see link below). Approx $70 worth of gear will be sent to a wounded marine recovering in a United States military hospital. Cost $45 and even if you sent 1 or 100, I'm certain they would appreciate it.
Wounded Marine Package Level 3 | Wounded Marines | Sgt Grit - Marine Corps Store (http://www.grunt.com/wounded-marines/wounded-warrior-package-level-3)