PDA

View Full Version : Start-up mobile ( production detailing )

Conman50
09-10-2013, 11:02 AM
This question is for anyone who is operating there own mobile or any production detailing shop , what is the best and less $$$ cost way to market your start-up business , Iam in San Diego and just start about 1 month ago....Feed back pleaseFeed back please

Detailing by M
09-10-2013, 12:09 PM
exposer, goog, website, fb, yelp, talking to people.

thebamboo23
09-10-2013, 04:18 PM
buy cheap, work fast

Cosmin
09-10-2013, 05:04 PM
This question is for anyone who is operating there own mobile or any production detailing shop , what is the best and less $$$ cost way to market your start-up business , Iam in San Diego and just start about 1 month ago....Feed back pleaseFeed back please

if that`s your question , than is not a business , is a fail adventure.
that will be my feedback.

greatwhitenorth
09-10-2013, 05:24 PM

Unfortunately I agree. I feel that "cheap" startups rarely work. You get what you pay for.
However! Business cards, personality, an handshakes are cheap and you can accomplish more with that than any flyer or newspaper ad

sproketser
09-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Word of mouth is priceless .

Conman50
09-11-2013, 11:31 AM
exposer, goog, website, fb, yelp, talking to people.. Thanks :xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

Conman50
09-11-2013, 11:38 AM
that will be my feedback. , I want to take small steps first , then work my way up , but I will and do-not do cheap work .

danieledwards12
09-11-2013, 12:56 PM
one thing I have learned is to take your time. use the resources you have and buy what you can. whether that is chemicals, equipment, marketing, etc.... don't go in debt to start. it may take you a little longer to get up and going but you can sleep at night knowing you are debt free. as others have said, facebook, website, and word of mouth are key! there are several free websites available where you can make you a website that looks decent for cheap. take plenty of pictures so you can show your work off.

statusdetailing
09-11-2013, 01:16 PM

I like you Cosmin. You are always so honest! haha

statusdetailing
09-11-2013, 01:45 PM
My word of advice is start very simple, but don't offer services you aren't ready for. It's ok to be production if you are actually doing good production work.

Offer a hot dog for a hot dog price.

Don't do any correction. Just wash, clay, wax and basic interior cleaning. I would use the Meg's detailer line and move quickly...but not fast.

You'll need to do 2-3 cars a day to make any money. That's the tricky part.

List yourself all over online on any free listing you can find. Build a website, facebook, google plus and google places page (connect the google pages).

Always ask your clients for google reviews.

Do anything you can to get your website and business information optimized online.

Craigslist can get you some business starting out. Get away from it as soon as you can because they will almost always be your worst clients.

DeviousDetail
09-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I started up my business this spring and only as part time. I agree that you need to do whatever you can to get your name out there. Business cards helped to be able to give people your information quickly.

If you don't have a basic understanding of how to run a business then do a lot of research. I went to school for business and that's helped me a lot. Cheap isn't always the way to go I have had a couple clients previously go through other detailers and end up coming to me and are extremely dissatisfied with the previous detailers work after I am done.

Absorb as much as you can from the users on this website as many do amazing work and are not afraid to provide some advise.

If you can find ways to cut costs do it. For example building your own pad washer. When first starting a business you should know to not expect to earn a profit for the first 2 years as most of your revenue should be used to reinvest into the business.

Lastly make sure that you are doing quality work that your clients will appreciate. Don't cut corners that will make the client not want to come back.