PDA

View Full Version : New Member have a questions

Mikas46
09-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Hi everybody! Found this forums and can't stop reading, great staff, already start washing my car using new technics and new equipment with better results. And I have a lot of questions.
I live in Queens NY, my car 2012 Acura MDX parks on driveway, no garage, no shades. Paint need correction:
1. It's possible to clay, polish and wax outside, anybody do it?
2. I never use polisher before, so if possible to do it on driveway, how you do-a few panel a day and then next week wash, clay, polish new panels- how a car will looks like? Or better way to find a good detailer ?
3. What is a proper way to take care of car's paint exposed to the sun all day.
Sorry for too many questions and thanks in advance

Desertnate
09-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Hi everybody! Found this forums and can't stop reading, great staff, already start washing my car using new technics and new equipment with better results. And I have a lot of questions.
I live in Queens NY, my car 2012 Acura MDX parks on driveway, no garage, no shades. Paint need correction:
2. I never use polisher before, so if possible to do it on driveway, how you do-a few panel a day and then next week wash, clay, polish new panels- how a car will looks like? Or better way to find a good detailer ?

Here are my thoughts based on encountering similar issues:

1) Yes, but it's not easy. Make sure the temps are fairly cool. You'll still be fighting the sun heating up the surface of the car and causing your products to dry much faster. Since coming here, I've found the Poorboys line that's supposed to work well in sun.

2) That plan doesn't sound too bad. Just make sure your working on a clean surface each time.

3) If it sits out 24/7, just make sure you have a good durable coating on there. I'd recommend a sealant vs a wax. Also be sure to hit all your rubber trim and plastics with a good protectant to keep them from fading/oxidizing.

sproketser
09-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Welcome aboard .

Evan.J
09-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the forum!

You were given some great advice already. Most of us that polish outside do out best to have shade no matter how it comes a tree or a tent or both. If you are unable to do that then I would go with the poor l boys line but still you need to keep in mind of the temperature of the body panel itself. Working on a hot panel is not fun and makes the most of your product dry up too fast.

Mikas46
09-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys for replay, i'm already bought PC 7424Xp with 4 pads combo, so i need advice again-witch Poorboy product or combination of 2 you recommend to start with and what color of the pad i need to use

Desertnate
09-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks guys for replay, i'm already bought PC 7424Xp with 4 pads combo, so i need advice again-witch Poorboy product or combination of 2 you recommend to start with and what color of the pad i need to use

I've got some Poorboy's stuff on hand, but haven't tried it yet, so I can't help with any real recomendations.

The main question for anyone who can help would be the level of correction needed. Are there just a few mild swirls? Bad swirls and scratches from automated car washes? Oxidation? That type of information will help determine which products will best suit you needs...and possibly drive pad choices too.

michelliot
09-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi Mikas,

Whitestone resident here.

Claying outside has never been an issue..again don't clay a hot surface or the lubricant will dry up and there would be clay residue spots all over the car. Personally, I have not graduated to a 7424xp as of yet. My six month old Camry is pretty much swirl free do to my practice of safe washing and maintenance. It sits in the sun all day as well, but I've been waxing it regularly, perhaps too often. I've been using Pinnacle Signature wax on them and it's so easy to use, I look forward to doing it. Up to now, I've been strictly waxing my vehicles but just before winter, I plan to lay a sealer first and then top it with wax the following day for appearance.

If you don't complete the entire vehicle in one day, you should make sure that the panel you do complete has a coating of protection on it, otherwise you run the risk of having to start all over again. As mentioned above, the surface you work on also has to be clean from the onset or you can make matters worse.

Yes, it's work and time consuming, but it rewarding and relaxing as well.

Good luck, you've found a great website for all of the information you'll need from now till when your an expert.

Be well...........elliot

wukin
09-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Hi Mikas,

Whitestone resident here.

I'm wondering are we neighbors haha I live in Whitestone too, next to Andrew from big a detailing. He probably doesn't know me.

custmsprty
09-10-2013, 04:34 PM

All of Poorboy's Products are designed to be used outside, no shade and from what I've read they live up to this challenge.

Eric@CherryOnTop
09-10-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm in Fishkill, about an hour north of you, willing to help out. PM me.

Eric

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

Mikas46
09-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Thank everyone for help, I think I'll try Poorboy’s Polish with Carnauba and white pad, or with this product black pad better?