PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the Rupes Bigfoot

carcaregarage
09-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Mike, Experts and Members,

I have been detailing cars for 17 years but now would like to persue it as part time detailer. In doing so I was looking at purchasing my first machine - the Rupes LHR21ES.

A wise man recently told me to always read directions and that compounds and polishes made for rotary machine are not generally made for DA machines. I only have limited experience with the 3M 'perfect it' system with a rotary machine but am now looking forward to having a crack at the Rupes system including the pads and compounds/polishes.

Could you help me with a few alternatives to the Rupes polishes and compounds that would match up with their pads or do you think the best results come with their products?

Are there any products like Pinnacle XMT 360 that you would recommend as a one step system for a quicker job like in this review?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/63869-rupes-lhr-21es-pinnacle-xmt-360-vs-soft-hyundai-paint.html

I live in Australia and currently its hard to find every product you stock down under.

Thanks.

Flash Gordon
09-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Meguiar's 105 and their Micro Fiber disks are a winning combination using the RUPES Machines

Mike Phillips
09-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Hi Mike, Experts and Members,

I have been detailing cars for 17 years but now would like to persue it as part time detailer. In doing so I was looking at purchasing my first machine - the Rupes LHR21ES.

A VERY different machine compared to a rotary buffer.

A wise man recently told me to always read directions and that compounds and polishes made for rotary machine are not generally made for DA machines.

For Use with Rotary Buffer Only - Read the Directions (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/70216-use-rotary-buffer-only-read-directions.html)

For both lurkers and members reading this thread into the future, here's the article being referreed to...

Could you help me with a few alternatives to the Rupes polishes and compounds that would match up with their pads or do you think the best results come with their products?

Any of the top brands will work because they use good abrasive technology and that's key to getting haze-free results on clear coats when using dual action polishers. You can quote me on that.

Guys that say it's all about technique are only partially right because you might have the best technique in the world but if you're not using good abrasive technology in your compuonds and polishes the paint is going to look hazy when using a dual action polisher. At least on BLACK paint and when working on clear coat paint systems, if it's happening to black clear coated paints it's happening to all clear coated paints it's just your eyes cannot see the haze on light colors. Think about it.

Check out these brands and the two complimentar products in each brand...

Pinnacle Advacned Swirl Remover and Finishing Polish
Optimum Polish II and Finish
Sonax Fine Abrasive Paste and Nano Polish
Wolfgang Total Swirl Remove and Finishing Glaze
Meguiar's M101 and M205
Menzerna SI 1500 and SF 4000
Blackfire SRC Compound and Polish

That's off the top of my head but you can't help to get show car results with any of the above PLUS the Rupes polishes are also top shelf. Weve used them on some very high dollar show cars here.

Are there any products like Pinnacle XMT 360 that you would recommend as a one step system for a quicker job like in this review?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/63869-rupes-lhr-21es-pinnacle-xmt-360-vs-soft-hyundai-paint.html

I live in Australia and currently its hard to find every product you stock down under.

Thanks.

Good cleaner/waxes

Menzerna Sealing Wax
Megs D151
Optimum GPS
Klasse AIO - Non abrasive, chemical only
Optimum Poli Seal

There's more but that's a good start...

:)