PDA

View Full Version : Korean Towel vs 700 GSM Towel

gearguru
09-10-2013, 02:58 AM
Apologies for another MF question.

I'm currently torn between getting a Korean Towel (to which I understood is 430 gsm) or those super plush 700 gsm towels.

My main use for them is waterless washing and applying OCW/ Werk's Jett Trigger. From the many reviews I read both gets the job done but can't seem to find a clear answer to which is better. I don't have easy access to this so I want to make sure I make the best purchase.

Thanks,
Dino

umi000
09-10-2013, 10:30 PM
For waterless and rinseless washes, get the thicker towels - you want as much pile to take care of any dirt and dust you pick up from the panel. However, spray wax/sealant application, I'd go for a towel with a shorter, medium-nap.

StuDLei
09-10-2013, 10:30 PM
All I can say is, even though everyone raves about "super plush" towels, sometimes they're just too darn thick. They're tougher to get clean and rinse properly too. Just a thought.

If you can, why don't you get a couple or few of each? You can never have too many towels.

StuDLei
09-10-2013, 10:32 PM
For waterless and rinseless washes, get the thicker towels - you want as much pile to take care of any dirt and dust you pick up from the panel. However, spray wax/sealant application, I'd go for a towel with a shorter, medium-nap.

Pretty much this. Thick towels make applying OCW tougher than it has to be IMO. Plus they probably just soak up more product.

Super plush towels also work great for the FINAL wipe.

golliger
09-10-2013, 11:00 PM
I would add my .02, but umi000, & StuDLei nailed it.

swanicyouth
09-10-2013, 11:20 PM
I have both towels. I'm assuming your talking about MF Tech. The 700 GSM is good for waterless and rinseless washes. The other towel is good for buffing. 2 different towels, two different uses. Both towels are good.

gearguru
09-11-2013, 01:14 AM
as always, thank you guys for your help :)

jamesalanb
09-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Same as Swanic said. I've got 9 of the green ones and they are my rinseless wash towels (GD method) and the grey Korean to buff waxes, blue Korean for buffing sealants and coatings. The green will lint on you a bit though. So far the others haven't shed at all