PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide network of detailers?

SR99
09-09-2013, 07:52 PM
I came across this detailing company that outsources detailing to an "affiliate" detailer in your area. When you go to their website, it detects your IP address and maps it to a list of nearby locations. Then when you click on your location, a detailing scheduling screen comes up.

They appear to have so many affiliate detailers across the US that it seems unlikely they have individually screened and verified the quality and integrity of the local detailer they are recommending to you as a consumer (and taking a cut for acting as middle man, which is after all the business model). Here's their website: Lansing Xpert Auto Detailers -- Locations (http://xpertautodetailers.com/locations.php) and the main company is based in Florida

If you look at their "join" tab, they imply some rigorous screening process. Their "pledge" in order to join their network as a detailer seems to amount to self-proclaimed expertise. I'm sure some of their member detailers are excellent, but it seems unlikely they all are.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear what you self-employed detailers think of this?

Would you ever consider joining such a network? How many unknowing local customers, who just Google auto detailing and their zip code, do you think you've lost because of this? Or maybe some here are affiliates of this network and have gained business?

VP Mark
09-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Pass. Not interested in paying for a companies hand me downs. There is always fine print here that makes stuff like this not worth it.

Iron400
09-09-2013, 09:04 PM
After doing a quick look, all the work pics for the several in my area are the all same. Then I can't seem do get any kind of contact information, so from a customer stand point, I would pass quickly. The website sucks too.

As a detailer, it seems to be a joke that I wouldn't even consider. I'll build my own reputation in my area. :props:

thebamboo23
09-09-2013, 09:06 PM
no

Pureshine
09-09-2013, 11:46 PM
No thank you!

VicVinegar
09-10-2013, 05:28 AM
From a consumer standpoint I've grown wary of sites like this. If I am searching for a service and find some sort of aggregator like that, I'll move on. I'd rather find an individual website with some legit looking pictures of work.