PDA

View Full Version : Keeping track of the clean face of folded MF towels

SR99
09-08-2013, 11:39 AM
If you use your microfiber towels folded in half twice (i.e. using one quadrant of the towel at a time), and are doing something where you're using 2 towels at a time (and you don't necessarily flip them both at the same time), do you ever lose track of which towel faces you've used and which are clean?

Especially with darker towels where you can't see dirt, or final buff where there isn't any.

...Or maybe I just have too many other things on my mind when detailing and everyone else has laser focus and doesn't lose track ;o)

Anyway, I've started marking my towels and it seems to help me keep track. Wondered if anyone else has a different way to be sure you always move to a clean towel quadrant?

AutoHeed
09-08-2013, 11:54 AM
I mark some of them with 1-8. Start with 1 and end with 8. I use these towels only for buffing of polish, wax or coating.

SANTA3013
09-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I number the corners of my MF towels with a Sharpie.

Detailing by M
09-08-2013, 12:39 PM
.....Especially with darker towels where you can't see dirt.....
one of the reasons why I don't understand why you'd buy a black towel or any dark color towel.

StuDLei
09-08-2013, 01:05 PM
This thread is funny. I absolutely drive myself nuts trying to keep track.

wompasaurus
09-08-2013, 02:02 PM
this is why you buy more microfiber towels then you possibly need then theres no need to count or number them :) and you can never have enough towels